Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dec. 26 the day after Christmas I was hit head on by a young girl coming around blind corner on the wrong side of road. I was on my mail route and was between boxes. The whole front of car was smashed, and I received a broken hip. She got a broke wrist. The air bag deployed and I had no damages to my face. I spent nearly two weeks in Hosp. and have now been home for one week. I am getting around some with my walker. The Dr. says I will most likey need a hip replacement in about one year after the bones heal because of the damaged done to the joint. If I can get my son to post pictures I will try to get some here. My computer skills are very limited. This happened in my 98 Legacy wagon, that I had spent the summer redoing, I had bought it for 100.00 dollars and had turned it into a fine car with around 3,000 dollars worth of new and used parts and a summer worth of work, but it has turned out to worthless cause.

I am truly sorry about what you are having to go through. Try not to consider a $3100 car worthless...those $3100 saved your life and all your fellow Subaru nut-cases here on the board are all glad that you are okay. Keep us posted on your recovery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Ditto.

I am truly sorry about what you are having to go through. Try not to consider a $3100 car worthless...that $3100 saved your life and all your fellow Subaru nut-cases here on the board are all glad that you are okay. Keep us posted on your recovery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Yes, my mode of trans. is now a walker quite a difference from the way it was just a few weeks back when I traveled over 100 miles each day. You spent many hours driving around the airport if I remember correct I am glad one of the large planes didnt get you, because this was a small Toyoto pickup that got me and it was enough damage. Thanks for the thoughts and concern. T.C.

good lord TC. lucky you came out of that one! All the best and get well soon.

TC:

Get well soon! I am glad your still here to tell us about it.

Not to be preachy, but every hour I recomend visualizing yourself as healthy and strong again, overlay this image on how feel/look now. Tell yourself I Want To Feel Good.

I was a passenger in a bad accident myself with injuries as well, thus I know this method helps.

God Bless you for speedy recovery!

John

sry to hear bout the accident, at least ur still here, head-ons can be mighty scary. hope u get well soon. everyone on the boad will do what they can to help. hey i had a friend who had a hip replacement, he could barely walk before he had it....now he runs and plays tennis everyday, and hes in his 70's!