Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 Brat, no ecu wireing question...

I have a 1984 brat, as most know, it's a GL but it never had an ecu setup. Where would I find the device that controls the flashing of the hazerds, and turn signals? it got stuck on so whenever hazerds or a turn singal is turned on the lights come on and don't flash. Is it stuffed under the dash somewhere? I couldn't find it. Found the windsheild wiper intermittant relay though.

well most subaru's of that era don't have ecu's except of the feedback carb and turbo models, anyway, the relay to the best of my memory is under the drivers side dash compartment, it isn't too hard to find, can't remember which one it is tho

Thats where I was looking, I found 2 small relays but somehow I doubt thoes are it, sense the auto store sold me one, and everything seems to have universally stuck on at the same time.

its no trouble, i know how electrical issues can be frustrating, the wife has a 00 civic si that was once onwed ny an idiot, had a bunch of neon and led lights inside it, wired straight up to the headlight switch, i got it all out but every now and then it doesn't want to turn on the lights outside

Has anyone ever run a complete stand-alone system in an ea81? Is it hard? I/m having electrical issues with lifted and was thinking about buying a painless wiring kit from summit and starting anew.

have you read general disorder's write-up on installing the EA82 SPFI on the EA81? not the same, but not wholly different, from what you were talking about.

Found the windsheild wiper intermittant relay though.

you are in the correct area, it is just to the left and forward of the wiper relay, had a black connector going into it, i pulled the kick pan cover, and the fuse box out of the way,

2007_0117Image0001.jpg

its the one seen with the yellow wire going into it