Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A little teaser***Job Done***

Turbone

Wow that looks awsome rob! Well, the way i look at it, is 6k pound winchs are perfect for us subarus, they pull us out easy, and dont draw a horrible amount of amps, compared to the bigger winches.. and if it comes down to it, you can always get a block and double your line so it pulls twice as much:grin:

Actually, theres one more thing I need to do to make it "Complete".

If I get a couple of hours of dry weather I can do it.

I'll post pics here when its done.

Well technically, its only covering halve of one light, which means 1/4 of you high beam :lol:

It looks great with that cross peice in there! Looks like your hatch will be able to get itself unstuck for quite a while.. :)

But i can't wait to see the next thing..

repainting? looks awesome! so you gonna be going wheeling in naches this summer? i'm hoping to make a couple runs out there late in the summer. either in lil roo, or if the yota is done i'll take it.

I've never been to Naches, woould love to do a weekend trip.

Is it to early to start planning?:-p

Wouldn't work... subies too light. My brothers winch can pull his EA81 wagon up hill with a trailer with all four wheels locked up.. It was quite a sight.

You'd be surprised. I used my little 4.8K winch to flip over a full sized Chev twice on the same trail. Also righted a couple of 'yota's on another trail. Tie it down to secure it if neccessary.

Originally Posted by Phizinza

Wouldn't work... subies too light. My brothers winch can pull his EA81 wagon up hill with a trailer with all four wheels locked up.. It was quite a sight

You'd be surprised. I used my little 4.8K winch to flip over a full sized Chev twice on the same trail. Also righted a couple of 'yota's on another trail. Tie it down to secure it if neccessary.

from what i've seen in the past from rigs winching other rigs is they will usually anchor the winching rig to something solid if available and needed. if you anchor it and use a snatch block or 2 you should be able to pull almost anything out.

please do correct me if i'm wrong, it will just make me more informed especially if you know what you are talking about, like from experience. i do value infromation from people that have been doing this for awhile, thats how we learn. right?

Correct.

I welcome the chance now to try and pull something that outweighs my rig by 1K lbs or more. I have a receiver hitch in my rear bumper, so I have a decent hardpoint to anchor to. I will be making sure my bumpers are securely attached to the frame now:rolleyes: