Ultimate Subaru Message Board

and you thought...

all ea71's were top starter mounted....

well curt, aka golddiggerroo, and i did some junk yard hopping in and around my area today, as it turns out we found three or four top mount starter ea71 cars, they were std 2wd hatchbacks, all were clearly ea71 motors...

i'm going back to the one yard late next week to take out a gas tank for my brat from a 4wd gl hatch, this yard has 3 gen 1 brats, two with many good parts, one is mangaled almost to the point of non-recognition, at least one late 70's 4wd wagon, a boat load of ea81 cars, one with complete cyclopse grill and light assy in perfect shape, one ea81 turbo wagon, ea82 turbo wagon, and a few other misc subaru's,

if anybody wants me to get some prices on stuff pm me and i'll throw together a list and get prices when i return there either friday or saturday,

this yard charges less if you yank parts, but if i must yank them i will probably charge less than them

Yeah, not much in the way of good bady parts, but plenty of good glass (esp. 1st Gen Brat and hatch non a/c), decent trim and chassis parts. It's a shame the Brats are rusted to bits, some look like they could easily been kept on the road before they went in the yard to soak in the muck and mire. It's gonna take me a long time to get all the mud out of the floors in my hatch.

Lot of cars on their side and top, interesting stuff, like a Brat with a screen door hook latch installed to hold the drivers door shut....

any chance you can pick up a clean 3rd eye setup for me? all the PAPs around here suck almost no subies to be seen. id gladly pay for it!:brow:

i'm gonna call down there tommorow if they will pick up there phone, i'll find out what they want for it and let you know, how much of it do you need, it was completely perfect from corner light to corner light

All mid to late 80's STD hatchback's had the "fat-case" EA71 with the side starter bell-housing. That's common knowledge.

GD

+1

All the EA71s in the gen 1 bodys came with top mounted starters. The later "fat case" EA71 as GD talks about came in EA81 bodystyle cars and have the same bellhousing as the side mounted starter EA81s...