Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks Hocrest!!!!

Just trying to embarrass Dave alittle bit here...But he bailed me out of my own idiotness without making me feel any worse.:grin: Long Story short..Giving Rocky the XT6 a much needed tune-up and cleaning out the IAC ( to hopefully stop the stalling) and replacing the serpentine belt (which squealed like a pig in heat )..I got the old belt off without to much touble.( it was chewed up pretty bad ) Was going to Call subeman90 to bring over his big crow bar...inside joke that I have pictures of if needed;) . I get the new belt on and cant get the tensioner to tighten...OK major delema here!!! what to do what to do...make a phone call to PA and the XT6 masters for help ( I have no manuals so I am working blind here) Basically Dave asks if I loosened the nut on the face of the pulley.....DOH!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Gee..2 minutes later...all fixed. No more squeaky squeaky prrrrs like a kitten now...wont know if it is still stalling for a bit yet but everything seems to be better now...Just waiting for a couple parts yet and hopefully Rocky will be in 98% working order ...then comes the fun part...taking the ugly outta him ( body work before Carlisle !!)

Thanks Dave!!! Nice to know there are people just a phone call away:grin:

Yeah Daves the man. He bailed my A$$ out when i needed the manual radius rod plates to finish my 5 speed swap. I couldnt get enough time to go out to PA again so he went back to Harrys and pulled them for me and shipped them out. Couldnt have finished it without his help and everyone elses on this site.

Yeah Daves the man. He bailed my A$$ out when i needed the manual radius rod plates to finish my 5 speed swap. I couldnt get enough time to go out to PA again so he went back to Harrys and pulled them for me and shipped them out. Couldnt have finished it without his help and everyone elses on this site.

Yup He has come through a few times..You going to bring that beautiful sedan down to Carlisle??Come on..you know you want too:grin: BTW Dave and Melis may be coming up in the next week or so to help me out on some bugs on the XT6...you are welcome to head over this way if you want...I always supply food LOL

OOOWWWW free food i never refuse free food and friendly suby folks :grin: And yeah id love to start showing it soon. I need to get some work done to the body first though. The rust is coming back with a vengence. I did all i could on it myself for now but i need a my body shop to do some cutting and welding on my baby. Anyways shoot me a PM when you know exactly when all this work is taking place. Id love to see everyone again and maybe get those pics that melis took at Harrys. No guarantees as i am a college kid with a crap load of work but i will try my best.