Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bolt pattern on engine pulleys

shift

lol. i guess ill have to go look myself, but the reason i ask is because i saw this chrome pulley kit at pep boys and i wanted to se if it would fit onto my car. if it did, i could have bigger pulleys, more hp and cool chrome pieces on my car

won't work. The crank pulley uses a single bolt through the center and it also slide into part of the front crank seal to prevent oil from coming out. Unless you cut off the pulley and weld on the center fitting so it can slide into the crank seal, then its not going to work.

i used, or should i say tried to use, the spray paint chrome junk before, looks good till either you spray some clear coat on it or wash it the first time, then it went to silver, however this could have been due to cheap paint,

another option is the powdercoating route

i used, or should i say tried to use, the spray paint chrome junk before, looks good till either you spray some clear coat on it or wash it the first time, then it went to silver, however this could have been due to cheap paint,

another option is the powdercoating route

thats what i was thinkin but no $$$ :( im thinkin i should just have it sand blasted and paint it a cool candy red or subaru blue

have you actually checked priceing on powdercoating, most places shouldn't charge that much for a crank pulley, a place about 2 hours from me has done a few of my buddy's valve covers on some hondas for $80 each,

another of my friends "claims" his dad to have a powdercoating setup, yet to be confirmed tho,

i personally think the blue like on the valve covers of the ea81's would look quite good