Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nothing Prettier!!!!

Then A Subaru in The Snow!!!! Even a FWD one.( this was taken last night and basically our first snow this year)

Snow2007004.jpg

I dont care...even though he is FWD and with major brake issues..I still love him.. Bucky is the bomb!! Rocky was snuggled in the garage so I couldnt get a shot of him in the snow

A snow covered Subaru is a Happy Subaru

Well!

I'm about 5 hours north of you (currently in the middle of a tropical snow storm) and "the big plan" here is to part out my front wheel drive '88. I'm sure there is more than enough brake stuff here to get you going, including, but not limited to, a rear axle assembly.

The "upside":

Pick and don't pay, I have no use for the brake stuff you need.

The "downside":

About 1 foot of snow down

Leave me a rolling car (meaning: put your old junk back on)

I suggest you leave this for future reference, it is really too miserable out here to work outside (though it is above freezing today, due to go back to -20 Monday, I was hoping to get some stuff done outside myself today) and when the weather moderates a bit you are welcome to what you might need, or if desperate be my guest.

Pretty, I like the white on white, so sweet.

Fix the brakes and drive it!!!! I prefer driving my '86 BRAT over the Baja in the nasty stuff. I HATE its ABS brakes. Let me slide and recover on MY terms. I know better than they do and have waaaaaay more time in the seat dealing with slick roads than these dang things PERIOD! They scare the heart out of me.

Pretty, I like the white on white, so sweet.

Fix the brakes and drive it!!!! I prefer driving my '86 BRAT over the Baja in the nasty stuff. I HATE its ABS brakes. Let me slide and recover on MY terms. I know better than they do and have waaaaaay more time in the seat dealing with slick roads than these dang things PERIOD! They scare the heart out of me.

I have been looking forward to playing with the XT6 in the snow ( Full Time 4WD ) but because of his charging issue he had been stuck in the garage for a week..Once Bucky is all better he is going back to my daily driver ( or if things work out maybe this summer a much new Leg or Imp) Dont want to beat up on the 6 cause its supposed to be spending the rest of its life going to shows ( once he is all restored) nect year he gets Vintage tags!! I want the same for Bucky too though

I remember that. Got some more subaru stuckage this weekend with the snow making drifts everywhere. Going up to a friends house, I come around the corner ready to floor it, because I know there's going to be a big drift in the middle of the hill -- lo and behold, someone's already got an outback sport jammed in the drift with all four wheels off the ground :dead: Bunch of digging and a tow strap pulled it out.

There was another drift with a F-250 highboy stuck in it with all four wheels off the ground -- had to lift that truck up with a front end loader to get it out. :grin: Drift was only about 4 or 5 feet deep by then. Blowing snow is fun :rolleyes: