Ultimate Subaru Message Board

T-Tops

I did end up having a guy from Bellarus do the install. I did all the finish work on it. The main problem is the Brat roof line is about 25mm higher then the Hatch. The only problem after the fact is some slight leaks, but it's an off roader so I'm not worried about that. I don't think I'll ever live down the "cheese grater/rasp":lol: . Later, Tim

I don't thin it will work on a wagon, as the tops of the windows are signicantly smaller than those of the Brats and hatches. You could do it, but I think the B-pillar would bring up major issues though. I would likely cut the b-pillar from the donor sunroof Brat or hatch, remove the wagon b-pillar so you could run hatch/brat doors then add in the new b-pillar and get rid of the rear doors, leaving you with the cooles 2 door wagon ev4r! :D

I don't think I'll ever live down the "cheese grater/rasp":lol: . Later, Tim

to ME, that says two things...

A. You found your tool selection to be somewhat lacking

and

B. You were inventive enough to think to grab the cheese grater.

I say thats nothing to live down, but something to be proud of. Funny, yes... but smart funny.

It's because *nice* wagons came with factory sun-roofs. So it's easier, and cheaper to just find a wagon with a sun-roof. The t-tops are ok, but I find my sun roof on my wagon to be just as useful..... maybe not as cool looking, but as I also own a Brat with T's..... if I want to look cool with the T's up I'll drive that instead :grin:

GD