Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bonus score!!!

So I'm out in Shelton at my buddies place and we go out wheelin'. I'm bombing along in the Brat, when all of a sudden, my acceleration goes to crap. We're thinking I bent the gas pedal, so I tweek it a little and it seems to be alright for a while. Int the end, I pretty much loose all throttle control. I end up taking the cable end out of the pedal and tieing on a long zip tie so we can drive home. It pulled smooth and returned. Wierd. We get it apart and the the cable housing had fallen onto the EGR pipe, melted and collapsed. We go to Pick A Part in Olympia to get a cable and end up having to put in a pedal and cable from a '90. Works great. Anywhoo.... I spot something and bought something. An '87 XT Turbo full 4wd, 5spd, LCD, fully loaded with the removeable full top sunroof!!! :banana:

136k on it, the paint body, and interior are perfect! Eveything except the cruise works. The air suspension works and has new bags and lines. It sat for a while, so it needs a clean and tune with t-belts, but the tires are new. And just how much would you pay you ask!? (in tv infomercial voice) A one time low payment of $600 !!!! No joke! And that included tax!!! That was the most expensive throttle cable I ever bought, but well worth it!! :headbang: