Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What car is this?

Dont know about a proper name but everyone just calls them a hatch cos thats what they are. that one is lifted and i do believe they are standard with an ea 81 and 5sp single range fwd trans.

living in australia and never having seen one of these in real life i cant be positive.

That particular vehicle belongs to the subaru junky former member.

that's what everyone always says :-p but half the time (including this entire thread!) there's no specific model year referred to. And the way Brumby Boy said "That is an MY two door hatch" made it sound like he's referring to the EA81 body/engine style in general, rather than "a 1983 Model Year hatch..."

on EVERY other subaru related website (NASIOC, RS25, i-club, legacy central....), they say they have a MY04 WRX, meaning a model year 2004. but the Aussies always say that MY is an EA81, regardless of year......

:confused:

And we call EA82's L-series.... go figure. I call EA81's, EA81's unless it's a gen 1 EA81, in which case I get confused and get back to surfing youtube :confused: :-\ :-p

We also call all sedans, either they be EA81's or EA82's Leone's, how weird huh?

So it goes like this...

EA71 gen 1

EA81 gen 1

EA71 gen 2 (hatch version, I do believe this was called a STD, or "standard")

EA81 gen 2

EA82 gen 3? hang on a sec... What do we call the EA82's? How about...

EA82 DL

EA82 GL

EA82 GL-10 (and some I've seen as GL-5)

EA82 turbo wagon

EA82 RX (sedan or coupe)

I bet I've missed some..

Some times it's just easier to say the year and body type, and be done with it. When you see "MY" just think EA81, that's pretty much what we mean when we say it.

Would "Rear Ventilation" count as a luxury item???? because that is my point. My GL-10 is a GL-10 by dint of power windows, factory cruise, AC, sunroof, digidash and trip computer only. Two wheeler, non-turbo, automatic trans.

Plus, half of it is missing!

small010.jpg

(see what I mean about the rear ventilation? :brow: )

Its a GL-10, minus about five.... :banana: