Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted GL for Dayly driver

"You will quickly adopt the same policy - I guarantee it.

GD"

I guarantee it?? Wow. So what someone else is going to decide has been guaranteed by another. What presumptive horseradish.

Keep the tires to 27" or thereabouts, and you may just find that it's ok as DD. Mine is. Has been for over two years.

Oh wait, no that's not possible. We have "guarantee" that it's not acceptable.

Bull pucky.

Best wishes,

Pyro

my lifted 86 GL wgn is my DD, it drives just fine on the street, on the highways and especially offroad. it has no swaybars and no power steering and to be honest with you, it handles pretty well in the corners just a well as stock but think alittle better but no not like a sports car. i'm running 235/75-15 avon SXT M/T siped ( from Les Schwab). i use to have the Allied 6-5.5 white spoke wheels (the so called chevy wheels) chevy, nissan, toyota, etc. but have recently went with the nissan hardbody wheels, they tuck the tires under the fender wells a little more. no flares needed.

anyway, yes i drive it to and from work everyday and everywhere i need to go, its the only car i have to drive. yes, power (taking off from a stop) suffers and so does milage but i love driving it because its fun and different.

"You will quickly adopt the same policy - I guarantee it.

GD"

I guarantee it?? Wow. So what someone else is going to decide has been guaranteed by another. What presumptive horseradish.

Keep the tires to 27" or thereabouts, and you may just find that it's ok as DD. Mine is. Has been for over two years.

Oh wait, no that's not possible. We have "guarantee" that it's not acceptable.

Bull pucky.

Best wishes,

Pyro

Yeah - I only gaurantee it for those who actually plan to off-road it. If you just drive around on the street, and some gravel or dirt and never break anything then you may not see the need. But if you drive to the capabilities of the machine, you most certainly will.

GD

But if you drive to the capabilities of the machine, you most certainly will.

GD

No, if you exceed the capabilities of the machine, you will. I daily drive mine, and I offroad it. It's only when I exceed the limits that it gets trashed. I'm more carefull with it now that I need it to go 30 miles away instead of 3.

However, with all this snow, I've been really stressing the 3 remaining cyls. 6k rpms at WOT for 10minutes + at a time plowing through thick snow is pushing it. I can tell I've lost power because of it, so now I'm easing up untill I put the new motor in.

The best combo for me would be a VW diesel powered samuri, and a legacy turbo for the street. If you drive like a moron in the woods, buy a truck w/ solid axels. If you can offroad with a bit of restraint, a daily driver lifted subaru works great.

well, i daily drive mine but when i go offroading with it i beat the piss out of it, usually when i'm with my buddies that have toyotas, jeeps and modified chevys. when i'm by myself or with others that can't go up trails that would do with thoughs other friends then i'm not as hardcore with it. ya, i do break things here or there but i fix them as soon asi need to.