Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat cosmetics Q's (rear bumper for 83, map pocket)

dfoyl

Couple of random cosmetic questions on a quiet day for the LHD guys:

(1) Were the '83 Brat's available with the metal (chrome) full bumper in the US ? I know the 84+ Brat's had the plastic-coated bumpers, but I'd like full-size metal rear bumper to match my front '83 bumper.

(2) My RHD Brumby/Brat has the basic vinyl floor & door panels. Subaru only put a map pocket on the drivers (RIGHT) side (the touring wagons got it on both sides, but the doorskins are different shape and most wagons got carpet). Logically US units should had got the map pocket on the drivers (LEFT) side...Is this the case ?

Thanks for any input :)

Dean.

Thanks for all the replies guys, looks like I'll be hitting a few JY's when I'm in the States come April...:grin:

Dean.

Don't forget to grab one of those "BRAT 1800" stickers from a tailgate while your there! And what ever other US only badges and stickers they have.. eheh

Don't forget to grab one of those "BRAT 1800" stickers from a tailgate while your there! And what ever other US only badges and stickers they have.. eheh

I don't think he'll be finding any "BRAT 1800" badges here, we got "BRAT 4WD" badging as opposed to the "1800 4WD" overseas

I don't know for sure if they made a "Brumby" tailgate badge - mine just says SUBARU :confused: I do recall seeing one in an advertisement, but I can't say for sure if they were a regular production item. Maybe the earlier models - phizinza would know. Brumby's aren't over-common at JY's here. We just have plenty of wagons and the occasional coupe - no hatches. Oh, and lots of EA82 wagons. Even Vortex's (XTs) are hard to find...I've never seen an XT6.

The only badge I know different, is the one 86bratman mentions. Ed (edrach) was looking for one for me when I got my rear discs from him :banana:

I'll also check my local dealer in case they do have some badges still...

Dean.

If you're coming up here, what's the chance of you bringing a Brumby tailgate badge? I'd love to really make people think with a de-hatched Hatch (since I can't sell it).