Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Props to whoever told me about the buy one get one free deal on these wiper blades on tirerack.com. They installed without a hitch and work flawlessly. I was getting so sick of that awful noise the last blades made. Not only that but they hardly even worked.

About $30 shipped wil get you a pair of Valeo Ultimate wiper blades with 1,500 pressure points! Haha. Instead of your standard 4-6 pressure points. They work great and look good too. I also sanded off all the rust and layed down a couple coats of black and it looks splendid now.

Plus I stopped at autozone and picked up a couple gallons of wiper fluid for only 99cents each! Steal.

Nice.

I picked up some Valeo Ultimates from amazon.com a month or so ago, they had a $20 off deal when you bought like $50 or more worth of automotive stuff. Regularly they're $18 i think.

Funny, just last night I saw a commercial for RainX's version of these wiper blades...

Will be putting mine on this evening, the wipers I've had on there for who knows how long have decided that they've had enough!

I got these as well (based on suggestions from this board) for both my and my wife's car. My windshield is pitted enough to be practically sandblasted, and driving at night was getting dangerous- not any more! It's like taking a squeegee across the glass whenever it rains, but without much noise! :banana:

There is always one .....

and this time its me. i am not thrilled with them. For some reason i am not getting full contact at the very upper tip of the passenger side. The last snow storm we had the upper drivers side tip kept icing up, which required the constant slapping of the blade.

If the last long, maybe ill replace my wiper arms and see if that fixes the problem.

Or does someone know where i can get wiper arm springs ?

nipper

Good question on the wiper arm springs. I need a rear one. I can't remember for sure but it seems I asked about it and was told it is available only with a whole new wiper arm. I was thinking about trying to just find something similar at Ace Hardware.

On my 'ol 88 lincoln I just paralleled some springs along side the original springs using coat hanger wire. Worked great.

Good question on the wiper arm springs. I need a rear one. I can't remember for sure but it seems I asked about it and was told it is available only with a whole new wiper arm

If i could find a new wiper arm for the rear i would buy it, as i need one too.

nipper

Yeah, I hate wiper blades. This is the best pair I've had so far but I've only had them on for a few days. They always seem to work fine for a month or so and then they quickly decline in performance. So, we'll see...

Speaking of rear wiper, the motor for my rear window doesn't work and never has. I don't really mind though. I think I'm gonna take the wiper arm off.