Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Moosens the Man..aka Rockys Down Again

Moosens is the man!!! helped me out big time today with Rocky...Story..Rockys new/used crank pulley was in mild self destruct mode after 2 days of using it..I was hoping it would hold out to my friend gets back from bike week in FL...well ..it didnt and this one went south 100X worse then the one that was originally on the car...this one actually spereated and slid apart completely...tossing and ruining the belt. This happens within 300 yards of leaving my job...I get him up the street about a 1/4 mile into a Lowes parking lot...all the lights are on and you can just smell the belt burning up....along with the temp almost reaching the red.I pop the hood and assess the damage..OK I might be able to temp fix this enough to get it home...After fasanating the 100+ men in the parking lot by whipping out a tool box and my 3/4 inch drive and about every tool needed..I forse the pulley back together..reset the tension on the serp belt ( It didnt braek but it did burn it abit)..started Rocky up..but the wobble was too much and I would be trying to fix this 400 times trying to get it the 20 miles back home. Made a couple phone calls...to keep me from having a stressed out mental breakdown..then called Moosens..He allowed me to use his Triple A account to get the car towed home..having to play phone tag for many calls ..between Paul...me and AAA ..Rocky is home in the garage safe and sound..Thanks to Pauls help not only did he save me a serious chunk of money..he got my car home and most of all...kept me from freaking out!...Tommy and me owe you dinner Paul...and I am getting AAA myself as soon as I can..I think Rocky will use up all 8 tows;) :lol::rolleyes:

Glad to hear you made it home okay Connie. Best of luck with the repairs. AAA is the real deal. I've had it for years and wouldn't be without it. I first bought it years ago when I was on the road a lot and I didn't want my wife to have to deal with getting the car home safely. Since then I've discovered it's useful for me and my three sons. It's worth every penny of the annual fee.

I was literally JUST trying to get around to actually purchasing AAA last year, when I got a flat tire pulling onto I-95, had no spare, and had to call a tow truck at 3 AM.

The tow ate the money I was gonna buy AAA with, and the fact that I stayed up for a total of forty hours, the entire flat tire experience, AND a bogus delivery like, ten miles outside of our area (i was driving pizzas at the time) helped me to miss work the following day, for which I was fired.

I have yet to financially recover from losing that job. If only I had gotten to ordering the AAA, I would have been fine. Grr...

I was literally JUST trying to get around to actually purchasing AAA last year, when I got a flat tire pulling onto I-95, had no spare, and had to call a tow truck at 3 AM.

The tow ate the money I was gonna buy AAA with, and the fact that I stayed up for a total of forty hours, the entire flat tire experience, AND a bogus delivery like, ten miles outside of our area (i was driving pizzas at the time) helped me to miss work the following day, for which I was fired.

I have yet to financially recover from losing that job. If only I had gotten to ordering the AAA, I would have been fine. Grr...

:clap: :clap: :clap: Three cheers for the pizza sube!

I delivered myself for a few years, in a total of 4 different Suby's! In Wisconsin so I got lots and lots of snow time!:banana: :banana:

Also flats and other breakdowns that once did require using AAA.

ALWAYS TIP THE PIZZA GUY WELL!

Especially if they're in a Rusty Sube!

Be sure to check that your coverage meets your needs. My daughter had the very basic plan and her clutch went out. She was stuck only about 6 miles away from the Acura dealership that she patronized, and AAA refused to tow her more than 3 miles without an extra charge. She is clever and speed shifted all the way there... (the lights were with her) they opened the bay door and she rolled right in.

Be sure to check that your coverage meets your needs. My daughter had the very basic plan and her clutch went out. She was stuck only about 6 miles away from the Acura dealership that she patronized, and AAA refused to tow her more than 3 miles without an extra charge. She is clever and speed shifted all the way there... (the lights were with her) they opened the bay door and she rolled right in.

Something doesn't sound right here.Connie was given wrong info from the contracted driver.Might have been the case in the Acura tow job.

AAA's minimum plan allows 5 miles(at least in CT its that much),and would be extremely reasonable for the "per mile charge" afterwards.

As mentioned above,you want the PLUS PLAN. ;) Pay the extra.We drive old cars,worth it!

http://www.aaa.com/scripts/WebObjects.dll/ZipCode.woa/wa/route

Locate your local office and get rates easily.

Cheers

As said before, the AAA Plus plan is the one to get; they'll tow 100 miles before charging extra. I have towing on my comphrehensive insurance which is good for 10 miles. For a short distance tow I use my insurance policy; anything else gets AAA.

I'm gonna add a big +1 to the "Plus Plan". It's certainly neccessary when driving the older cars as we do. The 5 mile limit before charging a fee is simply impractical in rural Northern Nevada, where there's sometimes 100 miles or more between towns (at least civilized ones:lol: :lol: ).

My 2 bucks.

And a big, "Way To Go Moosie" to Paul :clap: :clap: :clap: .

As said before, the AAA Plus plan is the one to get; they'll tow 100 miles before charging extra. I have towing on my comphrehensive insurance which is good for 10 miles. For a short distance tow I use my insurance policy; anything else gets AAA.

Yes, she had the basic plan and it's useless on the towing end, she got that one because she was rarely more than 3 miles from the dealership. Figures she broke down on that rare occasion :( Don't go cheap on the plan.