Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sad news for 5 lug swap peices...

I called SUBARU today to check on some part numbers that didnt show avalible in the USA...

23610GA230 (XT6 rear hub)

25143GA270 (Right side backing plate, XT6)

25143GA280 (Left side backing plate, XT6)

These items are no longer avalible from JAPAN, as they have gone obsolete...and there are no more in inventory around the planet.

Now...I'll have to resort to custom stuff in the back...or if someone will trade me the 5 lug parts for my 15x8's...

Excuse me for the Question, but: Are you Sure that Stuff aren´t Avaliable from Japan?

I say that, ´cos Sometimes I need some Stuff from the Dealer for my Subies / Other Persons Subies that I´ve Repaired, and if they are Unavaliable, the Dealer can Ask Directly to Japan for the Stuff I Need, and if I wait a Month or Two, the Stuff come, Always. (Well, untill Yet) the Problem is the Time it Takes...

I suggest to Try Other Dealer as Far as it´s Possible.

Good Luck! :)

I can't recall anyone who has actually tried to purchase the 5 lug parts from a dealer before.

So 5 lug swap is far from over, its just we're left with not as many options. Gonna have to keep finding those XT6s in junkyards to get the rear hubs and stuff.

The problem is that over here on the east coast...seeing an XT6 is like seeing a.....a...well, I see atelast 2 DeLoreans per week....ummm...

Ok, its like seeing a Unicorn.

With that said, I've only seen 4 XT6's over here. Only ONE was 4WD. The rest, 2WD and stripped of all parts.

The problem is that over here on the east coast...seeing an XT6 is like seeing a.....a...well, I see atelast 2 DeLoreans per week....ummm...

Ok, its like seeing a Unicorn.

With that said, I've only seen 4 XT6's over here. Only ONE was 4WD. The rest, 2WD and stripped of all parts.

down here they turn up on a weekly basias give us a list and i'm sure someone will pull and ship them for ya

I've seen 2 XT6s, one was archemetis' and he still drives it. and the other was in a junkyard, I have it's sway bars, alternator, seats, 5-lug stuff, and a few other things.....

this news makes me that much more excited that I got them when I had the chance

Will.... how soon do you need parts? I'm moving to Washington and I can see about rounding up the parts for you. I had to have baccaruda get me some of my 5-lug parts (mainly rear) because you don't EVER see them in Wyoming and I rarely get down to Colorado to go yard hopping...

hey Will,

heh if I can get xt6 hubs sent all the way down here in Barbados you shouldn't have too much trouble *looks at xt6 hub fitted to 290mm legacy rear disc*;)

and if you *must* have something new you can always get a kit from 'bratgeebah' down in aussieland and bolt all the good legacy stuff to our antiquated but dearly loved L-series cars for $$$

Kaz

I don't like your definition of the northeast :eek:

there are a few xt6's running around CT/NJ, and I have bought 2 here in NY, and 1 in PA. there are craploads in VT, and a few left driving around in PA.

you need to come to the REAL northeast, I guess ;)

edit:

I guess you said east coast. sorry. come up here :)

Hey all, new CRMO hubs with new studs are $262AU ea x .786849 makes them $206 US so you'd get the pair for $412. Postage is more economical if I send a few at a time so I'm open to anyone wanting to make a group buy.

These hubs will bolt wherever an XT6 hub bolts. At the time that I designed them I had never seen an XT6 hub in the flesh and have inadvertantly designed an 'XT6' hub with a thicker shank and face plate.

Gee