Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Trying this One More Time

Well..I picked up Rockys welded crank pulley and am getting ready to head out and put it on ( I am getting good at this ...I have worked on this area so much now I can do it with my eyes closed). Buckys brakes are just about in absolute complete failure right now so ...Letting everyone know...If Rocky brakes down 1 ( ONE) more time ..just once ...in the very near future..I am stripping parts off him and sending him to the Subaru graveyard in the sky. I located the closest junk yard and we could drag his carcass with Tommys truck there. I am just stating this so that no one will try and talk me outta it... Melis has first dibs on anything she would need.

So everyone pray to the Subaru Gods;) .

:grin:

does Rocky have an automatic transmission? I can't remember

if so, maybe I should just buy the damn car from you :confused::confused:

I was going to buy my girlfriend an xt6 around this time last year but she wanted an automatic

Nope Rocky is a 5 spd...I wont drive automatics ( I am such a wuss:rolleyes: )..

As of right now...he is running fine..charging fine..I think he is running a hair hot but that could just be the thermo sensor thingy needing cleaned etc. Going to take him to work tomorrow ( 40 mile round trip) and bring him in and retighten and check everything...then if all works out well..may take him to PA to Harrys or to help friends work on their car ( since they always help me).

1 hour..no break downs yet

I *really* think you would benefit from replacing the two heavy gauge wires that come off of the alternator.. one of them should be a part of the T-plug, and the other should be connected straight to a lug on the bag of the alternator with a ring terminal.. that will help guarantee no charging issues, and if you can solder (you assemble PCBs dont you?) then you can replace those two wires.

I *really* think you would benefit from replacing the two heavy gauge wires that come off of the alternator.. one of them should be a part of the T-plug, and the other should be connected straight to a lug on the bag of the alternator with a ring terminal.. that will help guarantee no charging issues, and if you can solder (you assemble PCBs dont you?) then you can replace those two wires.

I replaced the whole harness to the Alt..and treated the new wires with protector( can't think of the name right now). Just as long as I have no more flinging pulleys or anythign drastic like that...and the frame doesnt buckle until I can get a new one fabricated...we "should" be OK...note the word should :lol: . And Yes I do solder..I am certified(or able whichever you choose).I am also fully trained in blueprint reading and wire schematics..used to build wire harnesses for too much stuff to list. Actually...March 19th at 9 EST on ..either History channel or Discovery channel..on Future Weapons...they are doing a feature on one of the products I make..The Boomerang

Well, then.. I must have missed that memo, I didn't realize you had replaced the wires, yet.. I knew you had done the T plug but I missed you fixing the wires.

Good Juju on you!! i dunno how religious you may or may not be, but maybe putting some sort of artifact/relic hanging from the rearview might be appropriate? even a lucky rabbit's foot... a focal point for your Chi, if you will :lol:

Good Juju on you!! i dunno how religious you may or may not be, but maybe putting some sort of artifact/relic hanging from the rearview might be appropriate? even a lucky rabbit's foot... a focal point for your Chi, if you will :lol:

I have a Hot Pink bandana..with skulls from Rockys rear view..Bucky has a kokopeli,a piece of moonstone,a tiny giraffe ( I adore giraffes) and a rooster ( love roosters plus its my chinese zodiac).

Maybe I should tuck a piece fo rose quartz in him somewhere...its for the heart and self esteem:rolleyes:

I have a Hot Pink bandana..with skulls from Rockys rear view..Bucky has a kokopeli,a piece of moonstone,a tiny giraffe ( I adore giraffes) and a rooster ( love roosters plus its my chinese zodiac).

Maybe I should tuck a piece fo rose quartz in him somewhere...its for the heart and self esteem:rolleyes:

I put a big amethyst crystal in my aircleaner. Make sure it's below the airfilter, don't want that sucked into the intake!