Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Call me crazy....!

So I just got a set of DEFI guages...the really nice ones thats $1,200 for the set of 3 and the controller....

Oil pressure, EGT and fuel pressure.

Next, I'll wire up my boost controller...an AEM plug and play standalone for a WRX....JUST to control boost....since I dont have anything else. Its the worlds most expensive boost controller!! $1,600!

I must be on something.:burnout:

Installed a set of these on a buds WRX after seeing them in action on another buds STI..They are the best guages I've ever seen..very precise very fast..I should also mention that nippon-seiki make the stock guages in all subarus, well from 85 onwards dunno about ea81s and ea71s but I assume so..

On a late model STI the stock guages actually PERFECTLY match the defi guages including opening and closing ceremonies, red colour and lens shape..you can set a shift light as well...

Will is crazy, but not cuz his guages cost more than his car.. ;)

Here's a link to them:

http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/product/bf/bf_top.html

They are the BEST gauge I've ever seen/installed/used...and ACCURATE.

I decided a long time ago that if I ever had the time/$ to get gauges, and they were IMPORTANT ones...that I would find some way to have the DEFI's.

You suck dude!!! I need to get a full set of gauges for the BRAT plus some. I would need almost 2 sets of DEFI.

Tach, Speedo, 3 boost (one for each turbo prior to the throttle to moniter them seperatly and one for total manifold pressure), 2 EGT, 2 O2, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, volt, fuel pressure. Thats 14 total gauges, did I miss something? Do I fall in to the "Call me Crazy" catigory? When I do this I plan on running Just the Tach, Speedo, total boost, both O2, oil temp, oil press, water temp and voltage showing and the rest consealed for race day and tuning. I really hate the look of tons of gauges strung all over the cabin, I think it looks really tacky! I think I have a plan of action though. I would love to get a LCD gauge display that would show most of the displays. Actually I do have the Megaview that should provide most of these functions but I do like the accuracy of a gauge. What do you think. Beyond crazy, more like retarded!