Ultimate Subaru Message Board

STI FMIC on my GL-10 Wagon W/ EJ20G "Pics inside"

suberdave

spent a few hours last night and most of today puting this thing in. i am very happy with the way it turned out... fit very nice means how it is for a car that was built 20 years later...

runs awesome still. dose not feel like the turbo spools up any slower. and still boost right to 15PSI

had to relocate the battery up into the spair tire well but fit nicely with a little triming.

the bumper had to be cut almost in half then put back togther so air could get to the intercooler. and yes i know that my licecne plate is blocking air flow also...

now all i have to do is get the front air dam on so the intercooler will blend in a little better...

what to do next???

tn_FMIC 001.jpg

tn_FMIC 002.jpg

tn_FMIC 003.jpg

tn_FMIC 004.jpg

tn_FMIC 005.jpg

tn_FMIC 006.jpg

tn_FMIC 007.jpg

tn_FMIC 008.jpg

tn_FMIC 009.jpg

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

I say Notch the front bumper.. but thats just me.. essentially where the license plate is recessed on the front bumper except about 3" wider on either side of the plate..

I did it on my car but my main reason was for extra cooling in this desert heat..

but on the other hand that may take away from the "sleeper" appearance..

and btw... I still envy you.. not 1.. but 2 ej swapped turbos..

rllywgn

sweet mounting bracket and battery relocation.

is it quite a bit faster now?

i have only driven it a few miles. i dont think it is going to make it a tone faster. hopefully a little bit. but it will keep it from heat soaking when it sits for more than 30 seconds.

Thats awesome Dave. Now get a stock hood and that RX air dam. maybe nobody will notice the HUGE FMIC[/Quote]

yeah i have the air dam. just need to do some cut and past to get it to fit...

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com