Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber conversion for ea 81

r_kirky

If I can remember,I don't think the weber ever came stock on anything,but was mostly available only through aftermarket.A few vehicles you will find them on are:early-mid 70's bmw 2002,early and mid 80's dodge d50 trucks,jeeps like cj5 & cj7's,there are several others that have them,but you will just have to look at the Jy's.

If I can remember,I don't think the weber ever came stock on anything,but was mostly available only through aftermarket.A few vehicles you will find them on are:early-mid 70's bmw 2002,early and mid 80's dodge d50 trucks,jeeps like cj5 & cj7's,there are several others that have them,but you will just have to look at the Jy's.

It seems that I ran across a website that showed how to build the adapter plate and listed likely models that would have them. But for the life of me I can't find it again. I don't remember if it said that they were stock or if it was a popular mod. Thanks for the help

The Weber 32/36 DGV series is not DOT approved so you won't find it on anything recent enough to actualy see in the junk yard. The most similar would be the Holly/Weber 5200 series which is a licensed copy of the 32/36 DFV (mirror image of the DGV). Those are found on early Ford's - Pinto's, Capri's, Cortina's, etc. You can occasionally find them as aftermarket additions, but it's not terribly common.

Get a used DGV off ebay and rebuild it. Or better yet - do the SPFI swap - read my write up here:

http://home.comcast.net/~trilinear/EA81_SPFI.html

GD

Thanks!

The Holley is much cheaper. I liked your mod but I would like to eliminate all computers they scare me.

Better get a 60's or older vehicle then. Your Brat still has several even when carbed.

There's no reason to fear them. I've never even heard of an SPFI computer failing. It's so rare as to be unheard of around here. Much more reliable, more effecient, more powerful, and nicer operating than any of the carb options.

GD

Better get a 60's or older vehicle then. Your Brat still has several even when carbed.

There's no reason to fear them. I've never even heard of an SPFI computer failing. It's so rare as to be unheard of around here. Much more reliable, more effecient, more powerful, and nicer operating than any of the carb options.

GD

Only if they have the feedback carb do they have computers pertaining to engine control.

Hmmm, when did a relay become a computer.

It's not a relay - it's a circuit with specific logic. It runs the pump for about 3 seconds when the key is first put in run, and runs the pump while cranking, and while the engine is running by tracking the tach signal. It's got nothing to do with the relay - that's a seperate entity.

GD

Does anyone know if this Carb will bolt up to a EA81 without mods? I keep hearing how great they are, and if I can solve those low end chugs and other probs with this I will pay the Moneys. I have some cash because I got rear ended and the damage is just the muffler and the bumper (but being a $570 beater, the car was totaled). the insurance money is enough to fix the exhaust and buy this thing. Anyone have any knowledge here?

Thnks