Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Coil Upgrade...

81 dl I'm looking to upgrade my coil, I'm having a slight hesitation problem and a miss with good compression fresh wires and cap and rotor, Could be my rockers need adjustment? but I'm thinking upgrading my coil...

I work at a CSK Speed Shop, AKA Fancy Shucks... My options are

1. Accel (leaning that way.)

2. Mallory, Expensive (but Proprietary?)

3. MSD

Along with that I'm gonna upgrade my wires as well with matching wires.

I'm thinking About doing the Fuel injection conversion at some time in the near future so I'm thinking about something that would be compatible upgrades. Also I need to find a Rear brake adjuster that works so I can actually have decent brakes.

Anyhow thanks in advance for your help

Dain']I have fine luck with my Accel. ...

Me Too! ... I Has the 8140 High Vibrations Coil' date=' the one that hasn´t Oil, just Epoxi inside... I has it installed in my EA82 since the 90´s, and it Works Very Fine! Just Plug & Play![/color']

See: http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductDetails.aspx?brandId=3&productID=8053968&majID=545&minID=5456&selection=&minselection=4

Me Too! ... I Has the 8140 High Vibrations Coil, the one that hasn´t Oil, just Epoxi inside... I has it installed in my EA82 since the 90´s, and it Works Very Fine! Just Plug & Play!

See: http://go.mrgasket.com/ProductDetails.aspx?brandId=3&productID=8053968&majID=545&minID=5456&selection=&minselection=4

Key phrase - since the 90s

The ones made in the past few years are crap - verifiably crap.

Key phrase - since the 90s

The ones made in the past few years are crap - verifiably crap.

Yes, it´s True! ... I Asked a Friend who had Problems with his Accel Coil, he said the one he Purchased, said "Made in Mexico" ... Not like Mine... and it Exploded in the Firts Week... Damagin´ pait and hoses on the Engine´s Bay of his Nissan Almera...

Yes, it´s True! ... I Asked a Friend who had Problems with his Accel Coil, he said the one he Purchased, said "Made in Mexico" ... Not like Mine... and it Exploded in the Firts Week... Damagin´ pait and hoses on the Engine´s Bay of his Nissan Almera...

Yup. Not an uncommon tale. I think mine lasted a whole 10 months. Blew up 70 miles from home while out camping in the middle of nowhere with my wife and kid.

Thankfully, a friend whom I met through this board when I moved to TX was kind enough to come down there at midnight with another coil.