Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It Has Begun!!

Its official..the restore work on Damien...oops I mean Rocky has begun.. The first of many rust issues has been repaired..I didnt have to make this repair perfect cause the final painting of the car involves the bottom area Rhino Lined...so it will be textured anyway...I also couldnt resist and show off my new tool..my cordless impact driver:grin: Anyway....(also has a better pic of Rockys new rims and tires...dont mind the fact he is dirty)

Before...drivers rocker by rear wheel:

EA82Muffler005.jpg

The pop-riveted patch...and my impact driver;)

EA82Muffler006.jpg

finished repair:

EA82Muffler008.jpg

And Finally...up-to-date pic of Rocky...yes I do love him...he just drives me insane sometimes

EA82Muffler007.jpg

*envy*

there is an XT6 for sale by the original owner with 139K on it up in tampa.. needs a clutch, airbags in the back, and leaks oil, the guy wants a grand for it..

Sigh, if only...

Nice gun, there, toots ;)

I know how you feel...I wish I could afford a better one...but I think with all this time,effort,blood,and money..hopefully I will have the show piece I am looking for..the one in Tampa...talk him down....switch to coil-overs ( at $400 a pop for air ..coil-overs sound very very good)..a clutch is easy!....OK so what would we have to sell to get you into that XT6;) :grin: I know how bad you want one.

And..Guys Guys Guys...what real women want are POWER TOOLS!!:headbang::lol: ..

Thanks for the compliments...I have so much more to do...I have to rebuild the same spot on the passenger side..its 1000xs worse.....sheet metal and pop-rivets are your friend

lookin good...im assuming you cut ALL the rust out before you rivited that piece in right? What the hell am i talking about of course you did :)

LOL..yup..cut it out then treated it with 2 types of rust neutralizers and preventatives..then spray painted the inside of the rocker with rust neutralizer also...silicone sealed around the hole before putting the new metal on...then skim coated it with bondo and painted 4 coats of that Krylon Tough Enamal Rust Imhibitor paint...tomorrow ..once it warms up I will add some black sealer to the trim piece to keep any moisture from getting behind.

And 86BRATMAN...My fiance is NOT the car savey person..I have always loved them ..but at many points in life I had no choice but to learn to work on them myself..I actually love doing it ...when I can on MY terms.

And my bestest friend is the same way...she is always working on her Subarus too....LeakingOil;)

...I had no choice but to learn to work on them myself..I actually love doing it ...when I can on MY terms.

And my bestest friend is the same way...she is always working on her Subarus too....LeakingOil;)

I Love to Work in my Subarus Too... and I Helped many People who Own Subarus (And other Brands too... Today I Helped a Friend´s Friend to Repair the Clutch of a "Samsung" SM3 Car) So, if I could help you in Any Way, Maybe with Ideas, Just Ask me.

Good Luck! :)

I saw some commercial on TV that hit me pretty hard.

"Oil and water don't mix, but blood and oil do."

Kudos to you! Keep at it, kiddo!

P.S. I'm working on a little something too :)

I saw that commercial to Mary and thought the same thing..But what I want to know is when are they going to do a commercial for some car item and have the female being the one in the garage all greasey with the busted knuckles...you know like "Real Women who love their cars use Valvoline" or something like that.

And I told you about my meatloaf trick didnt I?? :grin::lol:

Are you coming to Carlisle Mary??

I Love to Work in my Subarus Too... and I Helped many People who Own Subarus (And other Brands too... Today I Helped a Friend´s Friend to Repair the Clutch of a "Samsung" SM3 Car) So, if I could help you in Any Way, Maybe with Ideas, Just Ask me.

Good Luck! :)

So what would it take to get you to come up here to Connecticut and help me do Buckys brakes ;):grin: ??

Nice work. Your a rare cookie;)

And mine just sits, getting moldy:rolleyes:

When your done with yours, come west and work on mine:-p

aww Turbone...you always make me blush:o ....I would be afraid to come out west...I would have to come home with at least 1 of everything..orwould end up not coming home at all:grin:

Heck..with the headaches and ulcers that Rockys giving me...by the time he is finished I should be an old pro with these things;)

And guys..could you just imagine what would happen...if all of us Ladies got together in one place at the same time..I believe it would be rather dangerous...with the combine knowledge of us all.

... And guys..could you just imagine what would happen...if all of us Ladies got together in one place at the same time..I believe it would be rather dangerous...with the combine knowledge of us all.

Great Things Could Happen! :)

So what would it take to get you to come up here to Connecticut and help me do Buckys brakes ;):grin: ??

Thanx for the Invitation!... but Airplane´s Tickets are very expensive here... :-\ ...I Sent my Sister to North Carlina last december, and I did ran out of money... She came back and did broke my Camera there... :banghead:

Well... I wanna Ask you if you can Upload here Pictures of your Subie´s Progress! ... That will be Great!

Good Luck! :burnout:

Nice to hear of your restoration work. Keeping rare old cars on the road is great I reckon. Especially an XT6, I would love to own one. Maybe if I ever do get an XT I'll convert it to a 6.

Pretty good looking end resualt. Your already above my level of fixing rust. But I guess the biggest rust spot on my Brat is only about 5cm by 1cm. And that is practically the only rust hole :D.

AWD is fun, isn't it :headbang: