Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If I was to take an ea82 and put it on stationary mount.....

Because you cant run an engine at 100% throttle at RATED load!

The point was that he needed about 1.5-2 times the power in HP in his engine, as the (rated) kilowatts of the gen head used.. That stands.

Not trying to get into a flame war or nothin, I just want it plain that we were ALL on the (same) right path.. :-p

An idea I had a while ago, similar to this- and as long as we're just brainstormin- was to swap the A/C Compressor for an AC Generator... It would be useful in the field, pull up leavin the car run(maybe have a hand throttle somewhere). Push the AC button on the dash to engage the electric clutch and plug you tools in. Sounds good to me, but how (and when!) to do it all.... :confused:

An idea I had a while ago, similar to this- and as long as we're just brainstormin- was to swap the A/C Compressor for an AC Generator... It would be useful in the field, pull up leavin the car run(maybe have a hand throttle somewhere). Push the AC button on the dash to engage the electric clutch and plug you tools in. Sounds good to me, but how (and when!) to do it all.... :confused:

actually, if you were to just leave the A/C compressor on it, be creative with some hoses, (possibly add an air tank) you could run air tools from it ;)

This thread just got me thinking of an EA8* powered generator/compressor combo that could power a whole jobsite if the utility power goes out. Would be sweet in my line of work, keep workin and gettin paid. Keep the nailguns poppin and saws buzzin. Could put something like that in the back of my Brat.