Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cant do it anymore

Ok, I give up.

I've blown my last headgasket, my last CV and my last tranny.

I blew the HG in my RX.....again. But this was due to one of my mods and ignorance on its use (MBC).

I'm in the process of replacing both HG's now.

I blew the tranny and a rear CV cup on my last outing in the Hatch. I have the parts to do it, just no time and effort.

My 89 XT6 has been sitting for almost a year now, waiting for me to replace the engine and tranny. Got the parts, but the reasons are the same as above.

I cant keep up with the maintenance on 4 cars right now.

So I'm selling everything but the Brat.

You can have this as a package deal or seperatly.

$1500 or $500ea.

Heres a pic of the HG that went:mad:

badHG.jpg

Rob, you know i'll be movin up there in less then 2 months. I'll give ya a hand fixin them with ya. Besides, I'm a little sad that I gave up on my black RX but I went to something a little nicer. Just hold onto them. I bet some of the baord members could give you a helping hand getting them back onto the road.

Rob, you know i'll be movin up there in less then 2 months. I'll give ya a hand fixin them with ya. Besides, I'm a little sad that I gave up on my black RX but I went to something a little nicer. Just hold onto them. I bet some of the baord members could give you a helping hand getting them back onto the road.

Trust me, I really dont want to do this. But I dont think I have any other options right now. I havent worked for 2yrs now because of issues at home and cant afford it anymore:-\

How did that Happen?

:confused:

I blew the HG in my RX.....again. But this was due to one of my mods and ignorance on its use (MBC).

Manual boost controller. The turbo hit 15lbs a few times......:rolleyes:

And when you have a divorced transfer case, the tranny is put under stresses it wasnt designed for. They wont last long, especially when they already have over 100,ooomi on them to begin with.

I know how you feel, with the '78, trust me, it's frustrating most of the time, but when you consider the alternatives; car payments, higher insurance, gasoline, you can't afford not to make the effort and just call for help... you are a valued member of this community and most members including myself, would love to contribute back. You're on the radar now... just ask.

First of all, I would like to thank all those that have offered to help. Even when they are somewhere else on the map. Its nice to know that there are still people around like that.

Which makes this real hard to say, and I hope I dont offend anyone that was willing to help me out.

April Fools:Flame: :Flame:

Got you suckers:dead:

Do you really think I would practically give away my RX and Hatch?

That should have been a dead give away:rolleyes:

Do hope the ones that wanted to really help arent to pissed at me:-p

Also, to set the record straight. 99% of my situation is correct. I got alot on my plate right now, but I'm hanging in there.

I was just going to post that I was disappointed in the lack of April Fools' jokes this year, and got to thinking about your post. That was the only one I thought might be close. I was even going to make that caviat in my post, but since it happened prior to 4-1, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for continuing the tradition.