Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seafomed, my first timer use..

Stopped in Auto parts store last week... new product for store on display.. Seafoam.. hmmmm.. I thought.. see if it's true....

Put down Carb. in 1990 olds with 257,000 miles... ran so good after wards I decided to keep her a bit longer as I was thinking this was it for the old girl, so new rotors, radiator, hoses and going for the 300,000 mark, I do 110 miles a day with her and never ran better.

Sunday, driving my 88 wagon, out of the blue a stuck lifter 2 weeks after oil change, ... tick, tick, tick,... that is new I thought.... 3 days later... still ticking... hmmmm... put in crank case... 1/2 hour later... no more tick... I will see if it is a permanent fix over the next few weeks... but I think it be gone and running better just from earlier tonight.

so yea... I'm sold. :banana:

Sea Foam Link

It is basically just a consumer brand of a common shop solvent used for cleaning clyinder top ends/etc. The most effective way to use it is to snort it up through a vacuum line, because this pulls it into the crankcase as if it were air, at the topmost point. This gives the effect of cleaning carbon deposits off of EVERYTHING.

I've often wondered what a repeat application shortly following one would be like.... but never tried it. I also like to think of it as "exhaust leak detector." :rolleyes: Just crawl underneath when you start her back up, and look! you can see everywhere its leaking from!!! :lol: