Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Woo-hoo-hoo!!! XT

DISCLAIMER:

For those of you who are obsessed with safety and 'good judgement' , read no further as this will no doubt upset you and get you irked.:mad:

I skydive and jump snowmobiles off cliffs so I am well aware of the dangers involved with high speed and control. I assume all risks and responsibilities associated with any 'dangerous' activity.

So, I'm coming home late last night from my emmission re-cert class and driving normal (about 10 over the speed limit 70mph). This guy in some mid to late 90's Mazda (I don't really know what model, as it never made it past my rear wheels) starts riding my hiney. I don't know what it is about this car, but since I started driving it, every a**hole with a coffee can rice burner wants to 'challenge' the car. Normally, I politely decline unless it's safe and in good nature. He's got plenty of room to go around (almost no one on the road) but won't do so. Now, I am partly to blame, as I figure I'm going 10 over, I figure he can go the h*ll around! Finally he does, pulls up a little and starts doing the accel/decel game. At this point, I'm tired and cranky, soooooo........ You wanna play?! Let's play!

:burnout:

Long story short (yeah, right), the XT's top speed on flat level ground is...................... 124mph!!! At this point, my foot is practically through the floorboard and he's not gaining so I figure...Point proved. :Flame: I slow down and let him go by. This never happens with any of my other cars. What is it about this car? Does anyone else have this problem, or am I an a**hole magnet? :confused:

I get the same thing all the time with my XT6 Rocky....If I have to teach 1 more all rice Honda Civic or VW a lesson..I am going to want paid....At least the kids in thier Subarus just pull up along side and wave.....Of course it was funny to see the face of the kid driving VW when he was tapped out beside me...and I finally put mine in 5th and took off ( I was slightly over the 130 mark..poor kids jaw dropped and when he caught up to me at a light ...I just rolled down the window and said "Subaru....and how does it feel to be spanked by and old lady?" ..I need to get my wagon back on the road and save Rocky for the track before he gets me a big time ticket

I get the same thing all the time with my XT6 Rocky....If I have to teach 1 more all rice Honda Civic or VW a lesson..I am going to want paid....At least the kids in thier Subarus just pull up along side and wave.....Of course it was funny to see the face of the kid driving VW when he was tapped out beside me...and I finally put mine in 5th and took off ( I was slightly over the 130 mark..poor kids jaw dropped and when he caught up to me at a light ...I just rolled down the window and said "Subaru....and how does it feel to be spanked by and old lady?" ..I need to get my wagon back on the road and save Rocky for the track before he gets me a big time ticket

Priceless....

My mom is an old lady. Picture a sixty year old redhead in a mitsubishi 3000GT SL with a fivespeed..... you arent even 40 yet!

and i love the rice-burner VW comment, too.

DISCLAIMER:

For those of you who are obsessed with safety and 'good judgement' , read no further as this will no doubt upset you and get you irked.:mad:

I skydive and jump snowmobiles off cliffs so I am well aware of the dangers involved with high speed and control. I assume all risks and responsibilities associated with any 'dangerous' activity.

So, I'm coming home late last night from my emmission re-cert class and driving normal (about 10 over the speed limit 70mph). This guy in some mid to late 90's Mazda (I don't really know what model, as it never made it past my rear wheels) starts riding my hiney. I don't know what it is about this car, but since I started driving it, every a**hole with a coffee can rice burner wants to 'challenge' the car. Normally, I politely decline unless it's safe and in good nature. He's got plenty of room to go around (almost no one on the road) but won't do so. Now, I am partly to blame, as I figure I'm going 10 over, I figure he can go the h*ll around! Finally he does, pulls up a little and starts doing the accel/decel game. At this point, I'm tired and cranky, soooooo........ You wanna play?! Let's play!

:burnout:

Long story short (yeah, right), the XT's top speed on flat level ground is...................... 124mph!!! At this point, my foot is practically through the floorboard and he's not gaining so I figure...Point proved. :Flame: I slow down and let him go by. This never happens with any of my other cars. What is it about this car? Does anyone else have this problem, or am I an a**hole magnet? :confused:

What color is the XT?

sometimes a**holes just puke on who evers next in line.

Sometimes I get picked on in my wagons too, just Because... :confused: ... I`m not Sure.

Maybe `cos I`m Runnin` Fast and the Weber`s Scream... (on the White One) or Just by the Looks (on the Yellow one) ... I Don`t Know.

People here loves to Race, in my country, Honduras; there are Many Many Ricers... and Crashes too... :-\ ...and Racing (Ricers) Clubs.

Try driving a full size two door that's been massively lowered, is painted flat black with flames, and has a healthy 351 breathing through a pair of burnt out glaspacks. I get ricetards who pull up next to me in Tacoma, and make that trademark weedeater sound, then wonder when I just walk away from them. Kinda funny to see what really is a 37 year old luxury car walk all over a "race" car.

disclaimer?? we dont need no stinkin disclaimers!! ROFL!:lol:

Connie - You GO girl!!! :grin: gotta love spankin them kids!:banana:

4x4welder - what kind of 37 yr old luxo boat??? not as old, but had a '77 Lincoln Mark V that i miss sometimes - had lots of fun playin with ricers in that one.

heck i even played games with a newer Legacy with a bunch of young guys in it once with Brumhilda - and she was loaded down with craft show gear and had 3 - 6ft tables strapped to the roof!! talk about funny! we ALL had a good laugh (and i did get the drop on them - not once, but TWICE!!)

Driving the Brat, nobody even messes with me, but the SVX on the other hand... I don't race, but those V-TEC Civics, don't have have nothing on that 3.3. And I was suprised that a slightly moded Talon, would almost keep up at 135. But seriously, I have made promises to no longer take part in any more illegal racing.:)

A 70 Ford Galaxie hardtop. Lots of bark, and plenty of bite to back it up. Still haven't dared to max it out in second yet, I usually back down around 85-90.

man oh man, my dad had a 68 galaxie 2 door.. it was only a 302 though, with a TWO barrel (IIRC?) or else he would have thought maybe ONCE before selling it.. it wasn't valued too highly as it was. Actually, that was the car that temporarily replaced his XT6 when the engine blew.

Sweet, 4x4...have a 66 Custom 500 2dr sitting at my mom's waiting for me to have the time to mess with it - or sell it - cant make up my mind. had planned on "dropping" in the motor out of the old Lincoln - 460 big block - but no time or money for the project...really should put it up for sale...

I love my XT6 as well and everyone seems to want to play, but I choose my battles. Once this kid in a 2.5 Rs gave me a thumbs down, and I was really hurt... I just HAD to change his opinion.:lol::burnout:

Only thing that has ever wanted to play with my 2.5 Rx was a mustang, I assume that everyone else just thinks its SPFI or something:rolleyes:

Had an issue not that long ago in my coupe. Was going down a stretch of freeway @65 (5 over) and saw a red something (Think it was a mazda) racing up and move over (passing someone behind me and then getting back over). The only issue is that, he did this THEN slowed way down. I gained nearly a half mile distance from 400 or so gap between him and my rear-end. So he floors it and looks like he's gonna try to get the setup on me for the same maneuver. He must have been doing atleast 90 to get to me. He slowed a bit and ran next to me for a short bit (probably sizing up the next junker to slowdown). The only problem with my "junker" is it moves.....quick. I hear his auto kick down as he starts to accelerate. I decided to play his game, I dropped into fourth gear and laid into the boost. He acclerated half decent up to around 80 then I kept acclerating. I was doing 104 by the time I realised I had atleast 200ft lead on him and let off the gas. He flew by STILL trying to out run me XD, by the time he actually passed (at maybe 90?) I was already on the off ramp. Best part? 16-17 year old kid with a baseball cap (solid black type) backwards and a white tank top ahaha. Forgot to mention, mostly empty freeway takes it home.

yea i get sick of peeps saying dat my auto xt6 has no go. in the past when either i dragged any 1 of i left them behind. the only time i didnt win was coz the guy had an huge distance on me. my car dont do 2 good now coz da auto is stuffed and almost goes right of the clock :eek: the auto was shot ever since i have owned the car