Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wide tire thread: 245 and growing....

WJM

Then i decided to un-5 lug and go back to 4 lug.

by any chance will your 5 lug stuff swap over to Ea81?

if so will you be considering selling it?

or at least some of the hard stuff that needs to be done for the swap(cuz im a nooooooobie)?

thanks

-Dalton

My Rota 17x8's were the same way.

However, those 245's were not 'Advan' wide (meaning they actually measured 245 instead of the Yoko Advan tires being advertised as 245 and measuring 255+) and did not protrude beyond the rim too much. The RE070's were the same way.

I did get some rubbing on the inner body work, until i raised the car some. Then it handled like butt hole.

Then i decided to un-5 lug and go back to 4 lug.

mmmk....I haven't put tires on 'em yet. I just converted 8" to mm, and got 205. so I was thinking anything wider would stick out beyond the rim, and rub on the trailing arm.

my buddy has some 235/40r17s on his RS, and he offered to let me test one of them on my car....so we shall see.

mmmk....I haven't put tires on 'em yet. I just converted 8" to mm, and got 205. so I was thinking anything wider would stick out beyond the rim, and rub on the trailing arm.

my buddy has some 235/40r17s on his RS, and he offered to let me test one of them on my car....so we shall see.

have you ever thought of wheels spacing?....its fairly cheap to do and they sell lots of 5x100 wheels spacers on ebay...might want to look into it....couldnt hurt.

or could it?

-Dalton

• 2 years later...