Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 5 Lug conversion...

WJM

So I started out with the normal XT6 stuff...modded the knuckles to fit impreza struts...

However, the RF is making noise, and the LF has the wrong hub in it, so it makes terrible brake noises. So...thats gonna be about $300 or so to fix.

Then, I'll still have nearly zero brake pad options, small rotors, and I'll toast the bearings on track in 1~2 sessions.

So....today I ordered the 2005+ Legacy 5x100 Bolt in hub units. Both bearing/hub units, and the knuckles (subaru calls them axle housings). Total cost, $350 +/- some change.

I'll be using the 99~01 2.5 RS brakes so I can still use 15" wheels, and with the car weighing in at 2600 lbs in finnished form, it should be plenty of stopping power with 300 hp....brake pads will be the Carbotech XP10.

Now, for the Ebrake...I'm going to go source a complete rear knuckle/wheelbearing/brake assembly from a 99+ impreza and attempt to fit the internal drum ebrake to the rear. It really should not be that hard. If not...I'll just 240 it.

Well, I could not find any RS rotors, so its got full 02 WRX front brakes with Carbotech XP10 race pads (400*F to 1600*F operating temp)

Dscf5372.jpg

Dscf5373.jpg

Dscf5377.jpg

Had to make a spacer for the axle/wheel bearing so the axle would actually hold the wheelbearing together like its supposed to.

its all off the shelf stuff.

http://www.d2racing.com/html/index.html

They are based in asia somewhere.

They are really no better than any other cheap asian coilover.

However, by FAR, the Megans are the BEST for the money. You can get a complete set for under $900 and they are SUPER awesome. If you want something better, be prepared to spend more than $5000 for a set.