Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Custom SS brake lines...where to get??

So I've got two problems...

1. My solid brake lines are in the way of where i want to mount and route some stuff...so I'd like to replace them with some flexible stainless steel lines...

2. I accidentally cut them.

SOOOOOO...........

where to get these things made?????

I can get custom braided SS hoses, I had posted about that before, but I wouldn't add flex lines where they weren't originally, aside from making the lines one piece from the body to the calipers. Even SS hoses wear over time, and can cause poor brake pedal feel, and eventually fail. I would go with the suggestions and make up regular steel lines. Not that hard, I make all my own lines for my trucks, don't even really need a bender if you are careful. You do need a high quality flaring kit, not the cheap junk at auto bone.

someone on XT6.net had stainless steel lines made and said the company could crank out more sets. i don't recall the price but seems it was reasonable. i'll look it up if you're interested. not sure if EA82 stuff would be the same, but you have some XT6 stuff at the hubs so might work?

will,

here's the link to the XT6.net thread about stainless brake lines. lots of pictures, lengths, info on fittings, etc. there's info on two different companies, the one wants you to send the originals (http://www.bonacoinc.com - $120), the other only needs measurements (stoptech $175).

http://www.xt6.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2863&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=stainless&start=15

based on that info i would think if you gave them the total length you need and what kind of fitting is on the end they can make what you need.