Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Added '94 Legacy L Wagon to the stable (300kb pics)

So what do you guys think? What should I check out/fix up? Just added '94 Suby L Wagon AWD 2.2L AT n/a to the stable. I'm so excited!

I found it on buffalo craigslist for sale by local student who bought a WRX. It needs a little TLC but I thought the price was good and mileage is about 103k miles. Didn't seem to have torque bind and the FWD light wasn't on. It was in a front end accident of some sort as the A/C doesn't work and the condensor is all bent up and the LH turn lamp is broken and rusty and the hood is a little bent up.

There's a few things I'll have to fix up to get it to fix NYS safety inspection. There's other minor issues I need to check out too. Posting in marketplace WTB for a couple parts so far...

Here's some pics:

RH side has some visible rust:

RH1.jpg

LH side has some friendly car on car love damage:

LH1.jpg

rear has some rust stains but not too bad:

rear1.jpg

LH turn signal is cracked and rusty (that yellow is rust it's not yellow plastic)

LHturn1.jpg

A/C doesn't work; condensor is probably ruptured from accident it's so bent up.

condensor1.jpg

edit: forgot the underhood pic...

underhood1.jpg

Thanks ericm...yep it needs a little TLC. The drivetrain seems good. ATF was in pretty good shape; didn't smell burnt and was fairly pink on the paper towel and level was good. All tires match but I think they're fairly new those $19 pepboys jobbies.

Front diff gear oil was a little black, but level was good. Didn't seem to have any torque bind. Didn't see FWD light on; couldn't find FWD fuse readily on this vehicle for some reason...Hope airbag didn't deploy in whatever frontender it had.

• 3 years later...

Some updates...well she's getting some much needed TLC. I haven't changed the engine oil, filter, or coolant in these 3-1/2 years. It wasn't driven much, a few thousand miles maybe, but the oil still should have been changed.

Outer boots ripped on both front axles, so she's getting MWE's.

Getting '96 Outback GR-2 struts for a little winter snow lift.

Did some rust proofing/coating of really bad areas underneath.

She's getting a timing belt, all new idlers, cam seals, water pump, reseal oil pump, replace valve cover gaskets.

Putting in new oil pressure switch; it's leaking through the switch. Will also be adding a bypass oil filter I had extra laying around.

She needs a new a/c condenser. The PO smashed the front end up and it ruptured the condenser. I bought a condenser off someone on this board about three years ago, but he sent me a Calsonic condenser and the fittings don't match up to what I have (Zexel). So I'll have to look around. The parts stores want $200 so that's not happening, but I'll post in the parts wanted section. :)