Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 1991 RHD legacy wagon it has 230K on it and really needs some work but it is still going strong. Anyway I replaced the fuel pump and got new OEM injectors recently. However, it sounds like someone is taking a shower in my back seat. I dont know if it has to do with this or if it is an exhaust leak or what, but man it is annoying. Any ideas. Also I was looking for anyone that knew of good inexpensive shocks and springs that raise the vehicle a little or a good lift kit for this model. Oh and I am getting terrible gas mileage. somehow the blower motor effects my gas gauge please help.

I have a 1991 RHD legacy wagon it has 230K on it and really needs some work but it is still going strong. Anyway I replaced the fuel pump and got new OEM injectors recently. However, it sounds like someone is taking a shower in my back seat. I dont know if it has to do with this or if it is an exhaust leak or what, but man it is annoying. Any ideas. Also I was looking for anyone that knew of good inexpensive shocks and springs that raise the vehicle a little or a good lift kit for this model. Oh and I am getting terrible gas mileage. somehow the blower motor effects my gas gauge please help.

try some KYB GR2's and get OEM springs, ill bet your originals saged and with old struts ya, so it should raise it about 1" from where you are at(PS there OEM quality).

About the gas mileage try replacing plugs and wires, air filter,fuel filter, and replace the o2 sensor, use fuel injection cleaner, also try spraying the throttle body with throttle body cleaner i did it and my engine is running soooo smooth and idles unnoticeably. Now the blower motor? um maybe its overcooling the engine, is your temp gauge reading in the middle?

About the sound like a shower, you might have your emergency brake or the brakes dragging as manarius mentioned, i had that issue turned out to be a brake dragging and the pad was totally warn, so it was a metal to metal braking which created the sound, so look into some new rotors, and pads.

the showering sound is evident while the car is idiling. I don't know I also have a ridiculous clackty clack sound in the front suspension. I replaced everything and it still is there now it is all bad again because of busted end links and a broken cv boot. but any ideas?