Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey, I normaly hang in the older Ruu section and the car in photo is NOT mine but thought I would post since it is down the road from me. Not sure if owner is member of this board, nor what kind of animal it is or year, but here it is anyway...... what is funny is just down the hill is an old timer with original 70's subaru's that he drives, I got the 80's and this cat looks 2000's

Newer_wagon.JPG

Hey, I normaly hang in the older Ruu section and the car in photo is NOT mine but thought I would post since it is down the road from me. Not sure if owner is member of this board, nor what kind of animal it is or year, but here it is anyway...... what is funny is just down the hill is an old timer with original 70's subaru's that he drives, I got the 80's and this cat looks 2000's

It's an Outback probably 2005 or 2006. Is it a paint job or a wrap? A wrap is plastic wrapping like what you see on soda bottles and bottled water. Google "car wrap" to see some cool wraps. There is a carwrapsdotcom website too.

that wagon is part of a special group of cars for promotion. they give these cars to people in some sort of group/club/something for free, Subaru corperate still owns the car, but the people get to use it for free, and Subaru gets free advertizing...something like that. one of those burned out part of its main body wiring harness and had to be at our dealership for about a month, and I know that Subaru (not the dealer, not normal warranty) was footing the bill. this isn't to be taken as gospel, but that's the way I understand them.

~Erik~

Subaru dealership technician

( and yes, it's a wrap)