Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ellensburg area?

SubaruWagon87

I'm a Seattle guy, but I used to like playing up in them thar hills. Mountain biking, fly fishin', just drivin' around...it's all good especially in the spring time. A nice sunday drive with the lady is Swauk pass to Mission Ridge then down to Wenatchee. More offroadsy, those canyons north of Eburg and up to Colockum Pass. Seems like Cook canyon was about the only one open most of the time. There was other roads roads up canyons but the gates were usually closed.

South of Eburg, I've had some fun adventure drives up Umtanum Ridge. This time of year, if the snow is melted, there should be lots of flowers and good views. My Bro' was over there today in fact, hiking Umtanum Canyon. Very popular hike these days.

Going up the end of Reecer creek road is pretty fun stuff. I was up there with a couple of friends today, and we spent a good 4 hours drivin around. We would have gone further up, but we ran into big snow piles blocking the road. I'm sure in a couple of months it'll be clear. As for cook canyon, I haven't been up there for about 5 years, I went with my dad once in the summer, and once in the winter on snowmobiles, and I was impressed with the canyon. I'm hoping to get some friends together and taking an all day trip up there. I haven't been in the hills south of e-burg except for once, and I only went about 6 miles up manastash to a friends cabin.

I've known about Liberty being good wheelin territory, but I haven't ventured that far yet. I guess memorial day weekend there is supposed to be a huge off road rally, with some 400 vehicles attending.

Rooinater, thanks for the info, I'm going to have to check that out