Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys!! It's me again and I got another problem. My dumb @@@ today spilled gasoline on my back seat. I went to a detailer and had it cleaned (so then it smelled like orange citrus) for about 2 hours, came inside and went back out and OMG it's horrible. I am going to be giving this car to my daughter and I am about to have a new granddaughter anyday now. I can't drive it this way and I have someone who can install a new rear seat for me, but it's a matter of WHERE do I get one? Any ideas or suggestions? I'm not going to try the remedies online about removing gas smell, I know it will never be gone.

Anything you all know, I'd really appreciate! Thanks!

Hey guys!! It's me again and I got another problem. My dumb @@@ today spilled gasoline on my back seat. I went to a detailer and had it cleaned (so then it smelled like orange citrus) for about 2 hours, came inside and went back out and OMG it's horrible. I am going to be giving this car to my daughter and I am about to have a new granddaughter anyday now. I can't drive it this way and I have someone who can install a new rear seat for me, but it's a matter of WHERE do I get one? Any ideas or suggestions? I'm not going to try the remedies online about removing gas smell, I know it will never be gone.

Anything you all know, I'd really appreciate! Thanks!

Have you considered a used one? Often times a rear seat gets the least use and is inexpensive used. Try an on-line search.

Good luck,

John

Have you considered a used one? Often times a rear seat gets the least use and is inexpensive used. Try an on-line search.

Good luck,

John

i've been searching online for the last hr with no luck...i guess i could go to my local subaru dealer and get one ordered but i am sure it's gonna cost me big time!! any idea what the cost of a seat is? i am wondering if it's just worth it to file the insurance claim.. thanks!

i've been searching online for the last hr with no luck...i guess i could go to my local subaru dealer and get one ordered but i am sure it's gonna cost me big time!! any idea what the cost of a seat is? i am wondering if it's just worth it to file the insurance claim.. thanks!

I found a place called Pams Auto Parts in Minnesota. The prices can vary, my recollection is they cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $ 200. for both bottom and seat back.

John

thanks....my boyfriend got the seat out this morning (sad the fumes were horrible inside) and it's an 05 legacy (not GT) i have a few places to call tomorrow so i hope something should come up i just worry that because it's so new it may be difficult

thanks....my boyfriend got the seat out this morning (sad the fumes were horrible inside) and it's an 05 legacy (not GT) i have a few places to call tomorrow so i hope something should come up i just worry that because it's so new it may be difficult

www.car-part.com

plug in your model and year info and sort your search by distance, that way you may find one near by.

DON'T BUY NEW!!!

good luck.

and it's an 05 legacy

A used seat would definitely be the only reasonable way to go but you're right, being that new makes it difficult to find.

I'd suggest just leaving the seat outside for a week or so (out in the sun if possible) and see if the smell goes away.

Good luck!

found these , but i don't know if you have a wagon or sedan. also don't know if 03 - 05 are the same. i've heard that lots of front legacy sesats are the same 90 - 01?

2003 Seat, Rear

Subaru LegacyTAN,CLO,TC 040A331050

$100 Ron's A & B Auto Parts Inc.

USA-MD(Finksburg) E-mail

1-410-833-1123 / 1-800-869-9591

2004 Seat, Rear

Subaru Legacy4D,CHAR-10,CTH A6J4766

$100 West Side Auto Parts

USA-DE(Laurel) E-mail

1-800-323-3254

I don't know if its a color match to yours, but I found a '05 Legacy this morning at Pam's. It is listed at $ 149.00

Pam's Auto Inc

Minnesota

thanks! you guys are great! i found a guy in CT what has it for 275 + 75 to ship in good condition....he was the ONLY one out of about a dozen places i called this morning. for grins i called the dealer, i swear they are smoking crack over there...they wanted $570 for cover and pad for the bottom and $588 for the cover and pad for the back AND I have to take off the old stuff off the hardware and put on the new stuff!! i just worry about getting it from a junkyard that's not local and i can't see it but this guy in CT told me that he wouldn't see it if it was bad but he told me that i couldn't get a picture of it either...i will call pams now, they just told me they won't guarantee the seats because they've been sitting in the yard all winter :(

A used seat would definitely be the only reasonable way to go but you're right, being that new makes it difficult to find.

I'd suggest just leaving the seat outside for a week or so (out in the sun if possible) and see if the smell goes away.

Good luck!

thanks but i don't think it will ever dissipate, it's in the foam seat and the fabric....i tell you subarus are killer when it comes to proprietary items i can't even get the fabric from them!

well i ordered my seats today (thanks Chuck N Eddies, in CT)! Should be here in a day or 2! gotta tell you I found a seat in WASH State for $150 and $150 for shipping, found the same seat in SC for $275 and $125 for shipping, meaning shipping is only $25 MORE coming from WASH state? Sounds like something is a little screwy with shipping charges, just thought you all might want to be aware since it looks like you guys order from everywhere. oh i can't wait to get my seats...i feel like i'm driving in the inside of a coke can :burnout: