Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS9 Offroad What are you bringin? what will we do for Fun?

how far would a factory stock ea82 wgn with oversize tires (25 1/2") make it on some of the trails? as i understand it some of them are quite mild.

i see that you have a 87. if its a dual range it will make all the difference. i went into some hary spots before i was lifted and made it through my local spot every time. beware! once you get a taste you will just want more more more!

i see that you have a 87. if its a dual range it will make all the difference.

actualy i have an 86 and an 87 i just haven't changed my profile, but yes both are d/r 5 speeds and i should have my tow strap with me (normally i use it to pull other people out of trouble so to use it for myself would be a first:eek: )

I guess I could fab up some attachment points for my tow strap and use my truck as a recovery rig :-) It's heavy enough and has plenty of torque to yank out buried Subarus :-) (Also does a good job of anchoring a Jeep in place while it winches out a buried Chevy!)

I'll bring both of my rides, the imp and the Toy.

The imp cuz it's a Soob and will be fun to get muddy. Not too sure if it'll have a d/r by then, time's getting too short for me to do stuff to it. It should be one of the crowd's favorites to look at anyways.

The Toy cuz I can't see it being possible to regulate the mud hole. By that, I mean the WCSS can't rent that part of the park and it'll be open to everybody. I'll bring it with it's open diffs and the Soobs can show it up and make the crowd cheer like last year. (or the other way around, who can say?)

That and the 8k WARN on the front will yank the stuckest Soobs out of the hole like nothing. :burnout:

actualy i have an 86 and an 87 i just haven't changed my profile, but yes both are d/r 5 speeds and i should have my tow strap with me (normally i use it to pull other people out of trouble so to use it for myself would be a first:eek: )

Get ready. Your car sounds similar to Flowmaster's GL. Ask him how it faired in the slop at WCSS3. . . :brow:

I'm waiting on control arms, and i'll have the 88 EJ swapper from last year that pulled out that cute little Yota at WCSS7

WCSS7, 8 who's counting. . . ? ;)

And sorry to burst your bubble pal, but you ain't the first guy to save a Toyota with your Subaru at a WCSS. . .

mudhole3.jpg

Anybody care to guess just who the guy the arrow is pointint to? I'm curious to know, with it to do over again-long drive home and all, if he would take his Soob into the good part of the mudhole?

any pics of the Mud hole action from past WCSS ???

This is from the trip I originally took to the park to scout it for a venue. The mudpit area is not just a little corral, it's a bit bigger. Here's a view of a guy trying to climb the banks on the side of the mudbog drag area. (note the entry to other pit along the right side)

mudhole4.jpg

Ah, the mudhole at WCSS 3..brings back good memories, including another lifted Toyota being rescued by the Soobs (I was JAFO on both occaisions).

Re: the guy with the camera (circled, arrow)...IIRC, he was either taking pix of Chef Tim while his car was stalled in the mudhole for quite some time; or Ross In Idaho in his $950 totally stock '87 3-door doing quite amazingly well in the mudpit:clap: .

I guess I could fab up some attachment points for my tow strap and use my truck as a recovery rig :-) It's heavy enough and has plenty of torque to yank out buried Subarus :-) (Also does a good job of anchoring a Jeep in place while it winches out a buried Chevy!)

hey dude you need to get on yahoo more!!!! as for wheelin i cant bring my car....anybody wanna passenger for wheelin?:)

I'm waiting on control arms, and i'll have the 88 EJ swapper from last year that pulled out that cute little Yota at WCSS7

And perhaps another secret project if it gets done in time, but thats not for offroading. :cool:

heehee noah you make me laugh