Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rx Update

kingbobdole

So I've been running my EJ25 Rx for a while now, almost a month and well over 1k miles. I've hooked of some things, and slacked on others,but my question for today is Where do I hook up the tach? Anyone that has a EJ in a old school and a working tach, PLEASE TELL ME!:-p

Anyway, last week I went on a road trip to the magically boring land of Wyoming, Laramie to be exact. I took Russ(caboob) the engine for his coupe and got some pics!

100_1182.jpg

100_1184.jpg

Then Russ punched a hole in my car and I went home. First order of business was more BLING

100_1197.jpg

100_1193.jpg

Then I added more rice

100_1212.jpg

Then I fixed the nice hole. This is before:

100_1200-1.jpg

Then after:

100_1208.jpg

100_1207.jpg

Proving once again that me and Bondo are not the best of friends.

And if someone could tell me where to hook my Tach to, that'd be great:grin:

my question for today is Where do I hook up the tach? Anyone that has a EJ in a old school and a working tach, PLEASE TELL ME!:-p And if someone could tell me where to hook my Tach to, that'd be great:grin:

when i did the coupe with the analoge tach i just hooked the tach wire from the ecu up to the tach wire going to the dash and it worked fine.

on both of my wagons (one EJ20G and one EJ22) both have digital dashes. i can not get them to work. so in my EJ20G i had to buy a autometer tach and the autometer tach adapter.

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

yep, the ECU has a tach signal wire. I don't know which pin or what color for the OBD II ones. and an analog dash will have an input wire...I had to trace mine down from the plug on the gauge cluster itself.

nice car, and nice intake :-p