Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what do you think of the new stuff

I like them. I was very excited to see the new Imprezas, in particular, because I'll be in the market for either an Impreza wagon or Forester in the next 2 years.

The Tribeca is less weird-looking, but looks more generic-SUV. The legacies and Outbacks are OK, but I'm disappointed because you can't get a regular Legacy wagon in 5-speed. Actually, if I understand correctly, they are ceasing to make a regular Legacy wagon period starting in '08.

I like the Imprezas because of some of their improvements in interior space and refinement, and also their slightly larger size. I'm not a big guy, but I definitely feel more confined in my dad's '97 Impreza compared to my Legacy sedan.

Brian M.

i'm sticking with Blu untill they get better colors.

Sooby revamped the tribecca quickly to respond to complaints of a funny looking nose and being underpowered. The advantage of being a small car company is that you can quickly modify your products to meet customers demands.

nipper

I think there awful!! i lost faith in subaru, nothing in there body style is original anymore, i mean the new mazda 3 oopps i mean impreza looks exactly like a mazada what is this? and the tribeca's front end its like a ford edge. Then the front end of the new outback what???? to be honest the best looking year of impreza's were the 04's and outbacks anything 04-06, legacies the new ones look pretty good and the tribeca to be honest i think the first gen tribeca looks much better, and the forester well in some ways i only like the 04 but in other ways i like the newer gens 06-08. Overall i think subaru's now adays are nothing like they used to be in the early 90's, no where near as good quality. Then again if you look at ALOT of other forums they are have alot of problems, compared to new subaru's. Subaru's will pretty much be the only car i would buy(if i need to buy another subaru, im pretty sure im pushing my legacy for a VERY long time). Next car most likely will be a tribeca, i know its odd, but i think they look very good.

Anyway thats what i think.:)

Subaru exterior "design" has always been a bit off in a quirky way. What counts is what is on the inside. The 3.6 sounds like a promising fix to a woefully underpowered 3.3 in the Tribeca. I hope Subaru can pull off "ugly fast" again the the super ugly new WRX. I thought my 2002 WRX was ugly... Subaru is tempting fate though with "ugly" spreading through its entire lineup. I never thought Subaru could come up with a design more hideous than the "Alfa" nose designs. I was wrong. The Alfa nose WRX looks stylish next to the, new, um, thing... I'm not buying a new Subie until this design phase passes. Good thing Subies last so long:grin:

I really feel like Subaru needs to stick with good design ideas that they already have, and maybe expand the line a little bit. I've been thinking up new cars that they should do....like a larger 4-door sedan, along the lines of an Acura RL type car, maybe a sports car (no idea where the design would be on that), and I really would like to see a Legacy Coupe. I whipped up a 'Chop of about what I think it would like.

Legacy Coupe 'Chop

~Erik~