Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So today i got the power amp and cb in the car. I was going to attack the oil press and temp sensors, but i cant find a tap. i have the oil galley plug from subaru that is made for this, but i cant find where it goes.

help.

nipper

Does this document help at all --> http://www.psi3.co.uk/downloads/sensorinstall.pdf

Hm..good point temp sensor needs to be in the stream. Yes those pressure senders are kind of large for some reason. What kind of gauges did you get?

HELL YES!

Thats the doohicky :). I dont have an intercooler so it should be easy.

I have the JDM oil press oil temp and voltage gauges and sensors. There als are some mystery electronics which i cant figure out (anyone want to see a pic). Best i can tell the mystery electronics are not needed (may have to do with a turbo timer not sure).

The gauges are in my photo gallery :)

nipper

Cool! Are those the three gauges above your three (sweet) accessory outlets?

Yes. And those sweet outlets came from subaru for the stupidly cheap price of 15.00 for this sweet sweet kit. I would have guessed it to be a 45.00 kit.

nipper

Sweet indeed! So what's that gauge on the far right? Is that vacuum, or boost?

Blu is (factory new) 2.5L non turbo. The gauges are volt, oil temp and oil press. I even have the factory harness wired up. It plugged into the radio harness.

Blu almost got a jdm TT but when he threw a rod in CA i had no choice but to get him a new engine.

nipper

Wow yes I remember Blu getting the new engine when you were on the long trip last year. That must have been an awesome trip. A jdm TT would no doubt be sweet too! That'd be a 2.0 right? I read each turbo is 'tuned' for a different rpm range?

Yes. Well Blu may go to Alaska this year, thats why i want the gauges hooked upo, and why i have a CB question on the board.

The TT has s amll turbo and larger one, theory is the smaller one spins up faster at lower RPM.

I am really happy with the new engine, cost be damned. I told them i didnt want to open the hood for 106,000 miles, so they replaced things I wouldnt normally. But this way I got a 3/36K warrenty too.

nipper

Wow an Alaska trip sounds cool. CB yes good idea. Thanks for the TT info. Yes who cares about the cost. You know one's Subaru's could be considered like pets...if the vet said it's $ to make your pet like new, or well you could just replace him/her......

well the new engine was at least 2/3 cheaper then a new sooby :)

and none of the new soobies come in pretty colors.

nipper

If you pass through the Edmonton area on your way to Alaska I can put you up for awhile if you want to stop and check out the sites. You can see the new HU and video system I am installing in my Legacy. Seriously, keep it in mind.

Hex plug that you might be looking for is just to the right of the T fitting for the PCV crankcase breather plate. Be careful that hose is really brittle and hard to get out...if you can avoid removing it do.

New engine new hoses so it should be easy. Will look in the morning.

thanks