Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tyres-whats good in the wet?

so im running el cheapos right now and they plain are meh in the rain.

id trade dry traction for outstanding wet performance :-\

im looking at these possibilites

Toyo Spectrum

toyo_spectrum_front_zoom.jpg

185/70R13

17Lbs.

580 Treadwear

PAS

S Rated

Yokohama's AVID T-4 -how are these? yo_avid_t4_ci2_l.jpg

Pirelli P400 Touring pi_p400_touring_col.jpg-these look like they are meant for the wet, has that siped look

these arent on your short list but my wife runs the goodyear triple treds on her legacy outback here in seattle and i tell ya those things stick like glue...they tend to have a little road noise as they are a 90,000 tire apparently but to me and her its worth the tradeoff here in rainy seattle :)

these arent on your short list but my wife runs the goodyear triple treds on her legacy outback here in seattle and i tell ya those things stick like glue...they tend to have a little road noise as they are a 90,000 tire apparently but to me and her its worth the tradeoff here in rainy seattle :)

thanks ill look into them

ive run fuzion tires, thay are ok, but for a few $ more per tire, id reccomend nitto nt450's they are probably the best tires ove run on either of my cars. i have em on my impreza nad my rx and they get great traction in everything from the dry, to gravel\dirt, to mud, rain and even snow.

i love em, i really do.

ive run fuzion tires, thay are ok, but for a few $ more per tire, id reccomend nitto nt450's they are probably the best tires ove run on either of my cars. i have em on my impreza nad my rx and they get great traction in everything from the dry, to gravel\dirt, to mud, rain and even snow.

i love em, i really do.

sorry they arent made in that size

I have those toyo spectrums on my 88 turbo wagon... they work good and aren't too expensive... but I don't go that fast very often...

I have directional tread tires on the impreza, those things make water disappear... they've got that V design that takes the water and moves it out of the tire... I had similar tires on my Leggy GT and they were awesome...

the directional ones will cost you more, but worth it if you go fast in the wet a lot...

--Spiffy