Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone know what the connector is behind the radio and heater that is purple/back wires on one side tannish orange with white stripe and purple on other side? (2001 Forester L)

I was trying to figure out why my A/C was not working over the weekend and though I had it figured out when I notice a plug that had come apart (or was maybe never plugged together)

Anyway I took of a piece of blue tape that went around the clip on the plug and plugged the two sides together, I just want to make sure I haven't done something I shouldn't have...

Also I have noticed that you can get service/repair manuals on CD from Ebay, has anyone ever got one of these? are they any good?

Thanks!

Some CDs are better than others but they are pretty cheap so you won't go too wrong on things if you get something you don't care for. I prefer the regular factory manuals though printing out a page is nice when you want one.

Without more info on the connector I can't help you on that.

Without more info on the connector I can't help you on that.

Thanks for the input on the CDs. I think I will give one a try and see how it is.

As for the connector, I am not sure how else to explain it, I am terrible at trying to explain this stuff. The one side of the connector comes from the wiring that comes into the car along with the stereo and lighter, the other side appears to be coming from the back of the controls for the heater and A/C...This probably won't help much, but it is worth a shot.

What colour is the connector?

How many wires connect to each side of the connector?

What shape is the connector (rectangular? round? flat?)?

the connector it a clearish white colour there are 2 wires on each side and it is rectangular shaped purple and black on one side and purple and orange or a tanish colour with a white stripe on the other one

Does anyone know what the connector is

Also I have noticed that you can get service/repair manuals on CD from Ebay, has anyone ever got one of these? are they any good?

Thanks!

I did order from 3 places (Holland , GB, Australia) a cd manual for my Impreza 1993 , they where roughly the same......

Bad scanning and may-be only 20% of a normal OEM manual.

Despite the description it did NOT fit my car , competely rubbish !

Useless at all for my car but also not for other years , e.g. about the brakes , just the spec , nothing more.

So later I took a 3 days subscription from SUBARU STIS , downloaded all the very correct material........That is good stuff.

Complaning at the vendor ? No replies ever....

I did order from 3 places (Holland , GB, Australia) a cd manual for my Impreza 1993 , they where roughly the same......

Bad scanning and may-be only 20% of a normal OEM manual.

Despite the description it did NOT fit my car , competely rubbish !

Useless at all for my car but also not for other years , e.g. about the brakes , just the spec , nothing more.

So later I took a 3 days subscription from SUBARU STIS , downloaded all the very correct material........That is good stuff.

Complaning at the vendor ? No replies ever....

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I think I will try to track down a haynes manual for my car, that seems to be the one that gets brought up in here over and over so I am assuming it is one of the better ones, and I will check out this site you mentioned.

Haynes is OK. The OEM manual is hard to beat though. You can get esentially the OEM material from alldatadiy.com. You can buy the manual CD's from techinfo.subaru.com but they're like $200. Many people do the 72 hr subscription and download the parts they want.

Not sure what those connectors are for....something I saw said maybe they're for a subwoofer hookup?