Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's in your offroad squad? (56k no way)

tsutomu

What's in your offroad squad?

hi guys. i was just wondering what rigs you guys 4-Bi with.

(pics would be great)

we have:

1983 subaru brat d/r

1986 SPOA lift

and a 1982 amc eagle with "ram air" snorkle and jeep grand cherokee engine swap (not current picture)

While we're offtopic...

This thread tells me:

What's in your squad. A squad is kinda like a team in my mind. And a bunch of my cars wouldn't be a team. A bunch of mates would. So A pic of your mates cars plus one of your own = a squad in my mind. And you have to remember, the past is the past, now is now.. Post pictures of your car you drive now, not the last 15years of history...

He showed us his car, and two of his mates cars. So this futher points out that it's not about "all my cars, have a look." But about all the guys and their cars you wheel with.

][/size]I think most of you guys just don't get the point of this thread
Johnson']

Hey zap' date=' I read that as "What vehicles do you guys use to go four wheeling (offroad) with." Everyone of [HTi']Dain's pics was the vehicles of people who he goes offro...

Maybe take comments a little less personally?

The Brat looks cool, but I have to agree with Rootinater, unless you have some good gearing, those tires are just a problem.

Sorry for going off topic, but everyone else seemed to and I wanted some of the action.. :Flame: AWAY

The Brat looks cool, but I have to agree with Rootinater, unless you have some good gearing, those tires are just a problem.

I was running 30x9.5's on my loyale with a Pushbutton tranny! Talk about hammering my way through obsticals. I fixed that problem with a D/R and an EJ22.

30's aren't a problem. You just have to get good at changing clutches.

I don't have anyone to wheel with anymore. I often prefer cruising the backwoods alone. I had some friends that I could call in when I got stuck, but they don't have real trucks anymore.

Yeah, it's always the smallest one at the park. Keep in mind it's open too. :-p

I like bringing a knife to a gun fight, if you know what I mean. tooth.png

Here's a highjack for ya. You still got your old birfs? Give em' up. I need one, or will soon.

i haven't got the new ones yet... but i'm sure i can spare a birf.

as for blaming me for being sarcastic, and an @$$ hole. not sorry. remove the sand... this is the most P.R. board on the planet anywho. where's my F.w.dancesmiley

jeep, aaron's 4" lifted toy on 33's, and lil' roo.

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_4963.jpg

a toyota doing what it does best...

IMG_4908.jpg

While we're offtopic...

This thread tells me:

What's in your squad. A squad is kinda like a team in my mind. And a bunch of my cars wouldn't be a team. A bunch of mates would. So A pic of your mates cars plus one of your own = a squad in my mind. And you have to remember, the past is the past, now is now.. Post pictures of your car you drive now, not the last 15years of history...

He showed us his car, and two of his mates cars. So this futher points out that it's not about "all my cars, have a look." But about all the guys and their cars you wheel with.

Maybe take comments a little less personally?

Sorry for going off topic, but everyone else seemed to and I wanted some of the action.. :Flame: AWAY

Hey all, I'M INOCENT! Whats teh big f'in deal anyway??? the guy said he wanted to see what we wheel with. so I posted the TWO pictures of the TWO CARS I WHEEL with. The two "RIP" pictures are recent losses to our Soob crew...so sorry! :-\ And I posted the one other car that is left, or I guess, our "newest" arrival. And you guys just bring heat for no reason!!!!??? Can't you learn to just keep it to yourself? unless you have something positive to contribute. People make mistakes; so what?

Even though you may think we are complete retards (in the eye of the beholder) we know the pro's and con's of the bigger tires. Savage actually scored a damn sweet deal on those wheels/tires -- 150$ all four! Our deadline for the project is coming up on the 18th of this month. Its been alot of work, and money is a little short. Savage just doesn't have the time, or money to get the smaller tires right now. So we figured we would try 'em out anyway... big deal.

PS

this response isn't directed at Phizinza, but at the "off topic/highjack"

Dont worry about having 30's on the brat I am about to have 35's on my gl wagon, :banana:

THat's cool. More power to you or anyone who wants to try something. Ok, I've learned a lesson here...I'm not supposed to take what people say to heart? Copy. Let's just stop the :Flame:(I love that icon.)

We all ok? I'm ok with you all.(This is me extending my hand for a handshake)

Johnson']THat's cool. More power to you or anyone who wants to try something. Ok' date=' I've learned a lesson here...I'm not supposed to take what people say to heart? Copy. Let's just stop the :Flame:(I love that icon.)

We all ok? I'm ok with you all.(This is me extending my hand for a handshake)[/quote']

All is well.

Johnson']THat's cool. More power to you or anyone who wants to try something. Ok' date=' I've learned a lesson here...I'm not supposed to take what people say to heart? Copy. Let's just stop the :Flame:(I love that icon.)

We all ok? I'm ok with you all.(This is me extending my hand for a handshake)[/quote']

Ive seen 30 x 950s on a hatch with a weber and that thing went everywere I was impressed ,go light on the weight and your good SJR

I don't want to extend the off topic, but I feel I have to explain myself on the tire size talk.

I run Kumho venture M/T's, those 26.3" ones.. I have a D/R box with 1.59 to 1 low. I also have a EJ22. Bad part is I'm on 3.7 diffs. But, heres the thing. I totally HATE my gearing. It's WAY to high for most 'hard' trails here in South Australia. Now I know South Australia isn't hard, and dosn't have hard, but...

Put it this way. When you wheel with a auto land cruiser with a 2.something to 1 low and a torque converter, and a hilux 3L turbo diesel with a 2.5 to 1 low and all that diesel torque. It really makes it stupid driving up rocky slops bouncing around killing my car. Granted that nither the hilux or cruiser got up that hill and I did, it was still stupid to think how much damage my car was taking because of no gearing. And all this on 26.3" tires.. I wouldn't bother with anything but sand with more then 28"OD. But hey, that's just me and I felt I had to explain myself.

Dont worry about having 30's on the brat I am about to have 35's on my gl wagon,
Not directed at Mysterious, but at the general tire talk.. I could get used to typing these disclaimers, hehe..

Well honestly I must explain myself too... Before the tear down I was running the dual rangetranny with a suzuki tcase with 4.44 gearing front and rear, had a rear diff up front just to prevent all the ?s of how I got 4.44 dearing into the tranny... I was running 30"x10.5" Super Swamper TSL's

Back to the reason for a tear down, I am swapping solid yota axles front and rear and will also be going with a crawler tcase and an EJ22 eventually, but with my gearing I dont think the EJ22 is anything i need immediately...

I just told him not to worry about what others are saying because it is total preference to what someone wants to run, and if its not going to work then he will find that out eventually...

• 2 weeks later...