Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another Rocky Update..no more rust!With Teaser Pics

I finally finished fixing all of Rockys visable rust issues yesterday :banana: :banana: :banana: . I tell you what...he is looking like a new man... ( I also found out why he was stalling again Friday...fuel light doesnt work and when it gets that low when you come to a stop he will sputter out and die...note to self..keep gas in the darn thing stupid"

I also started the serious repainting.Even though its just rattle canned its better then primer patches everywhere. I am working on the black parts ....Here is the scoop...roof hood bumpers and trunk lid will be black along with the lower portion ( rockers etc) and the indented "stripe" along the sides....the mirrors and rest of the sides will be yellow...similar to KingBobDoles XT6 but with a twist since I will not copy..just pull ideas from. I may toss up some teaser pics but I will keep y'all in suspense till after carlisle...unless i dont make it there..I am hoping for the reaction of " that can't be the same car":grin: .

And I got a good compliment from an SVX owner yesterday.. I got the paint ( I like the Krylon Tough on Rust stuff) from the auto parts store) and the one guy who works there has an SVX and we always talk Subarus in there...He brought it in yesterday and had to run to a customers house to test something ...anyway..turned out he was going the same direction as me so I wanted to play and he did too...Long story short..when I had to go back to the store for something I forgot ..he told me that he couldnt keep up with me until I got behind a slow car and wanted to know what I did to the XT6...I just said 24K mile motor and its a 5 spd...he would have caught me and passed me easily if we were on a long enough open area. But its still gives me alittle bragging rights right?

Is she Rosy the Riveter, or Cindy The Circuitmaker?

I have to know, is your husband a geek?? because you are PRIME geek-wife material.... ;)

LMAO..he is a computer genious..but a carpenter by trade...an he has a Mullet....I will be posting a pic later ..some teasers for you guys ;)

Wow Connie! ... it is a Great Job Well Done to your Subie, and the Best is that is Done by Yourself!

Congratulations!

:headbang:

... I love the looks on Honda owners face when I pull away from them at a light with my weberised Ea82 wagon. ...

Me Too... Specially the Weberized Engine´s Loud Roar... Priceless! :burnout:

14 hours of prep work yesterday....this project has allowed me to put Bucky back into action:banana: ( I love my wagon ) cause this is probably going to take the next 2 weeks to complete...even though Rock is being rattle canned for now it just a TON of prep to doo the two toning..plus I am going to have to use some pinstriping to cover where the 2 colors meet.

Mick designed the coolest "Under Construction" decal for him too:grin:

That is lookin good (and looks like lots of work)

I KNOW how long it takes to do all that prep work. That is why I dont paint my cars:lol:

Much good luck in getting rocky done.....we all want to see him at Carlsile:headbang:

I am trying I am trying..Talked to Dave yesterday and if we can't get them swapped before I am probably going to risk it anyway to drive him down and maybe try and swap them out there.

Like I said before I actually love doing body and paint..just wish I could afford the right tools to be more professional...like a spray gun and a paint booth