Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have an 02 Legacy GT Wagon. The CD portion of my radio does not work and I'd like to replace it. Can anyone provide me with the years that radio/CD changers can used to replace mine, without cutting, i.e., plug and play.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Crutchfield will show you only those which fit your car. As well as the code probably an "I" or "J"

http://www.crutchfield.com

You will probably need to buy the wire harness and connect it to the radio's supplied harness for any of them. They might try to sell you a special installation kit to eliminate the "box" under the radio (at least for my 98 OB).

I don't know if your's will need it. I t hink mine won't

If you post a pic of what your dash looks like I could help you. I was not aware that the 02 had seperate CD/Tape/Radio.

The 02 has a seperate CD only. My CD is dysfunctional, it has power, but does not accept a CD, and I've wanted a 6 CD changer anyway, so I'm trying to find out what years/models of Subaru used an acceptable 6 CD changer or if required, I'd swap out the entire radio/CD assembly.

Thanks,

Jack

If you want to put in an aftermarket radio/cd player and can't find the proper male plug for a direct plugin to the oem female plug, you can take a 14-16 GA spade terminal and snip one side off of it. The size is perfect to plug into the female head.

Nope, I'm just trying to replace my disfunctional single CD player with a 6 CD changer, or swap out the whole radio for a newer one; Subie OEM is fine for this old guy.

Jack

02 Leg GT wagon, w/premium sound