Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Forgive me if this is a repeat, but I searched the forums and came up empty handed.

I have an '04 Legacy Wagon (35th anniversary edition). I need brake pads on all 4 corners. I've been searching online, and I'm having a hard time determining the right pads to purchase for this car. autopartswarehouse.com only gives me a choice of "Legacy Wagon 4WD", and the fit descriptions vary from "01-04 Legacy 4WD" to "EJ25 engine / B12 chassis". It also displays pads for the Legacy GT with both 11.4" and 11.6" rotors!

Any help would be appreciated! What brake pads does my car use, and can you recommend a good on-line site for purchasing them!

Thanks.

-Russ

Hi rruss and welcome! Generally when there is doubt about brake pads, OEM pads are suggested. They seem to be pretty good for regular street use. Some common sources might be http://www.subarupartsforyou.com or http://www.subarugenuineparts.com Subarugenuineparts also has ebc pads if you looking for something for more heavy 'spirited' street use.

Plus with OEM then you will get the proper shims and the little packs of red niglube for servicing the sliders, though there are other options for the niglube.

26296AE160 Legacy 2003-2004 OEM FRONT BRAKE PAD SET FOR 2003-2004 LEGACYS ALL with shims & clips, NOTE for cars produced upto 2 of 2004

Same part number is also listed for Outback 2003-2004, Baja 2003-2006, Outback 2005-2007.

Rears:

26696AE020 Legacy 2003-2004 OEM BRAKE PAD SET REAR, Includes Shims & Hdwr, For Legacy 2003-2004

Same as for Baja 2003-2004, Outback 2003-2004, Legacy 2003-2004

porcupine....

Thanks for the links and the part numbers! Those sites will be good to know. Nice discounts over the MSRP.

I found that EBC (ebcbrakes.com) has their parts catalogs available, and I found their fitment for the '04 Legacy. They have an OEM plus grade pade for about 2/3rds the price of the discounted OEM price. I'm going to give these a go and see how I like them.

-Russ

Ok cool. Are you going with the greenstuff? Or I think they have a 'black' they call oem plus or something. Of the vendors they list, I've only ordered from SummitRacing.com. Summit has excellent service, and the stuff arrives the next day even with ground shipping. I'd imagine you'd get it overnight too since they have a warehouse in OH I think.