Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi I had posted on here a couple of months ago about pulling a spark plug wire and oil coming out, as per all the expert advise I received here I bought the Subaru spark plug gaskets and valve cover gasket. I just brough it in on Friday to have the work done because it was time for it's next oil change, to my dissappointment my mechanic did not change the seals, he did change the plugs and wires as I had requested but he said it is normal to have oil at the spark plug wires, he said all the oil that came out of all 4 would have amounted to maybe a cap full of oil. He also said when he had is jacked up there was no signs of leaking at the valve cover or anywhere else he says it is "bone dry". He said that Honda is the same way when you pull the wires he said there is always quite a bit of oil...

This is on my 2001 Forester, my previous car 1995 impreza never had oil on the spark plug wires.

Is my mechanic feeding me a line cause he was too lazy to do the gaskets or do I really have nothing to worry about. I tend to trust the advise on here over anything :clap: