Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT wagon?

Numbchux

so, I was over on XT6.net today looking for brake ideas....

and saw this:

xthonda.jpg

apparently it's real too...

I don't have the skills or interest in giving the whole car the XT look...just the front clip.

so, if I got my hands on an XT4, how possible might this be? might the fenders match up with the EA82 doors? would the radiator/headlight support need major modification? I've only seen a couple XTs in person, so I really have no idea how similar the front end might be.

I like the looks of it myself... Also liking the looks of that FORD Falcon Ranchero sitting next to it, guessing a '65 or a '66 on that, but me likes....

Can't say as to how body parts would line up, but it's definetly giving me ideas. I have an '88 GL-10 Wagon and an '88 XT6 sitting here. Gotta do some measuring and what not. Thinking it's doable though, maybe not real easy, but doable..

Making it a 2-door might be a real challenge, but hey, they've done it on other cars so why not.....

I like the looks of it myself... Also liking the looks of that FORD Falcon Ranchero sitting next to it, guessing a '65 or a '66 on that, but me likes....

Can't say as to how body parts would line up, but it's definetly giving me ideas. I have an '88 GL-10 Wagon and an '88 XT6 sitting here. Gotta do some measuring and what not. Thinking it's doable though, maybe not real easy, but doable..

Making it a 2-door might be a real challenge, but hey, they've done it on other cars so why not.....

the more I look at it, the more I think they just added a roof and tailgate to an XT. not a front clip swap.

I'd want to just swap the front clip onto my wagon, keeping everything from the doors back the same as the loyale.

IIRC the rear end is some domestic truck, but the car started life as an XT6. I wanna say Bronco 2 roof and tailgate. This car actually sold on Ebay about 6 years ago... wonder what happened to it. As far as the headlights go we also at xt6.net have a member with a GM quad light setup that I find neat..

dscn0322.jpg

I'll add my useless bit of info.. This car is not for me.. It makes me go :-\

But I do like the XT's front end, just maybe not a rear end like that...

agreed. I'm not a big fan of that application.

but it got the wheels turning. mostly on how much more airflow that bumper allows through to the radiator :headbang:

That's a stock XT6 bumper I believe.

For the record, I once test-mounted an XT bumper onto my 86 wagon. There would be some interesting cutting and blending to do to get the bottom skirting of the bumper to harmonize with the lower fronts of the fenders, but it would look sweet. It may be that the mounting brackets would need to be flipped too, I don't remember...

That's a stock XT6 bumper I believe.

For the record, I once test-mounted an XT bumper onto my 86 wagon. There would be some interesting cutting and blending to do to get the bottom skirting of the bumper to harmonize with the lower fronts of the fenders, but it would look sweet. It may be that the mounting brackets would need to be flipped too, I don't remember...

I was thinking fenders and hood too....but as mentioned above, that will probably be a bigger job than I was looking for.

but maybe just the bumper....now you've done got me thinkin again :grin:

Wow, there's a blast from the past!!

If I had a nickel for every time that car has showed up here, I'd probably have $0.25! OK, that wasn't very funny. I was just thinking of that car the other day, though. I think before the Ebay sale, it was on the board for some other reason.

The fenders don't match the doors, which means you'd have to cut and paste Loyale-style fenders with XT-style fenders.

I was thinking fenders and hood too....but as mentioned above, that will probably be a bigger job than I was looking for.

but maybe just the bumper....now you've done got me thinkin again :grin:

The fenders don't match the doors, which means you'd have to cut and paste Loyale-style fenders with XT-style fenders.

BAH! thats what hammers are for!:banana:

I would think that the bigger problem with the fenders would be the slope. Loyale fenders are rather level where as the Xt's are at a 20 degree angle or so.... I just don't see it working... would be sweet, and if it was easy, my wagon would be an XT wagon, but I'm just not optimistic.... Now, someone do it and show me how!:grin:

As far as the headlights go we also at xt6.net have a member with a GM quad light setup that I find neat..

dscn0322.jpg

Man, that does look good, been trying to get my friend to do it to his 6. IF he decides to get rid of his XT6 I might grab it from it and that would be one of my first mods (never did like the pop ups).