Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber throttle bracket.

Look at the bottom of this post for similar threads. To answer your question there is a bracket that can bolt to the back two bolts of the weber that ive heard of. But what most people on this board (me included soon) do is to make their own.

As for the vacuum line rubber you will need to get vacuum plugs..a good amount of them. When you put the weber on you will be able to eliminate a lot of emissions stuff you dont need anymore. You will not need any more vacuum hoses i dont think unless while your in there you want to replace some of your old dried out ones. Also this is just personal preference but i would keep the EGR valve as it helps rather than hurts your engine. Its more work to take it off and why bother if its working properly.

Jonas, i was going to tell you about this but then forgot.

When i had my weber installed, i didnt have the bracket for the throttle cable. What i did was goto the junkyard, and got another stock bracket and removed it from the intake manifold. Then I bolted that to the top of the bracket on my hatchback. IT worked perfectly and raised the mounting location for the throttle cable enough to work for the weber.

To take up the slack, i just bent the extension alittle until it fit snug.

deja who?

I hate to complain, but jonas.. as of my posting here, if you click on page 2 of this forum, and look at the third thread from the top, you will see a post less than a week old dealing with this exact same issue.

It took me a moment to figure out why, when I clicked the link to take me to new posts in this thread, it started me out at the beginning...

I hate to yell "search" but that thread was last posted in ~24 hours ago.

deja who?

I hate to complain, but jonas.. as of my posting here, if you click on page 2 of this forum, and look at the third thread from the top, you will see a post less than a week old dealing with this exact same issue.

It took me a moment to figure out why, when I clicked the link to take me to new posts in this thread, it started me out at the beginning...

I hate to yell "search" but that thread was last posted in ~24 hours ago.

yell all you want. if you actually read and comprehend what is being written, you should realize i am asking a totally seperate question. i am asking if i can buy a bracket, because i am lazy, or if i have to fab one. other dude is asking how to get his current bracket to work. seperate issues.

yell all you want. if you actually read and comprehend what is being written, you should realize i am asking a totally seperate question. i am asking if i can buy a bracket, because i am lazy, or if i have to fab one. other dude is asking how to get his current bracket to work. seperate issues.

sorry for that post D. i'm just tired and cranky. 60hrs in 4 days at work with today (supposed to be day off, grr) to go. again i apologize. shouldn't have been a wongleflute to you.

sorry for that post D. i'm just tired and cranky. 60hrs in 4 days at work with today (supposed to be day off, grr) to go. again i apologize. shouldn't have been a wongleflute to you.

Its all gravy.. you *were* right, the other thread mentioned nothing about purchasing one, beyond [HTi]Dain's offer to fab one up... and THAT post was the one that led me astray.

I got a little peeved for a moment, then read both threads side by side and realized it was water off a duck's back. An apology is more than enough.

Its all gravy.. you *were* right, the other thread mentioned nothing about purchasing one, beyond [HTi]Dain's offer to fab one up... and THAT post was the one that led me astray.

I got a little peeved for a moment, then read both threads side by side and realized it was water off a duck's back. An apology is more than enough.

Heh, Can a guy really apolagize for being a man :cool: (its a joke, just in case).