Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new Soobie owner

Dain']maaan... the welcome I got wasn't that great...

THATS because your LAAAAME!!!!! :Flame:

(in case it wasn't obvious, I was just taking the bait you left dangling there. SOMEone had to flame you for that :-p "Surely you're not serious!??" "No, I am not; and stop calling me Shirley.")

Yah, it seems like any time anyone gets a new car, the first response is "pics?" and it doesnt matter how dingy the paint is, how rusted the wagon wheels are, how many holes it may have (okay, so my car has too many holes to get compliments, but within some reason it doesn't matter) they are ALL BEAUTIFUL to half of us. Maybe its a sign that we are a little bit devoted to our humble, bulletproof machines??? Maybe, if we weren't in love with them, we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place.

So anyway, about those pics..... :lol:

(in case it wasn't obvious, I was just taking the bait you left dangling there. SOMEone had to flame you for that :-p "Surely you're not serious!??" "No, I am not; and stop calling me Shirley.")

Yah, it seems like any time anyone gets a new car, the first response is "pics?" and it doesnt matter how dingy the paint is, how rusted the wagon wheels are, how many holes it may have (okay, so my car has too many holes to get compliments, but within some reason it doesn't matter) they are ALL BEAUTIFUL to half of us. Maybe its a sign that we are a little bit devoted to our humble, bulletproof machines??? Maybe, if we weren't in love with them, we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place.

Well said old man.

aint that the truth!!!!!

mine's got dingy paint, rusty wheels, AND rust holes to boot.. and she's SO pretty!

now... let's see that RX... :banana:

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!! the rubber trim that gets grey and nasty on all of our cars is so uniformly grey on your car, that it almost looks GOOD like that!! :lol:

There are people who have had success re blackening their bumpers, but if memory serves it involves alot of sanding and painting. Other than that, and the dirt (I quite literally never wash mine due to the rust, so rest assured, most of us can see right past that) that thing looks GREAT!!

Have you given it a good bath and maybe a waxing yet? sometimes it is truly amazing what an old paintjob can look (even if its starting out super-dingy) after the first wash and wax...

Good luck with the 'roo!! Honestly, I've always thought that the 3-doors looked great with black steel wheels, so you might want to clean those up with a green scotch pad and give them a careful spraycan paint job.

Seriously, a wash/wax, spraypainted wheels, and some tire dressing (or new tires) would make that thing look REALLY nice!!

(gee. That is how I compliment the man's car. no wonder I can't get a lady :rolleyes:)

I'm planning on getting the rims sandblasted and then painting them myself I was leaning towards black with some red trim work maybe. I haven't washed/waxed it yet but I'm thinking it'll clean up nice. Thanks for the comments guys!

oh yeah a wash and a wax.. MAKE SURE YOU HAND WAX ITTTTTT or your waisting your time.... but it will clean up real nice... also since the paint is old... as it is on all, except those who have re-painted them, why not buff it... buffing will bring out the color in your paint real nice... oh yeah and SUN BAD SUN IS BAD BAD BAD FOR WAX!!!! but I'm pretty sure that you already knew that... welcome, and nice first roo!!!

Welcome to the board! And that is a Sweet RX for the rust belt indeed. I'm over cross the lake in WI. At least for a few more months. If you have a need for any parts or advice give me a PM. Also I just got a 2nd set of 89 FSMs so if you want a set I've got em. PM me for price

If you ever just need something looked up let me know. That's free:)