Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have a 99 legacy and i put kyb ob struts on it and just added 2 inch scorpion lift springs, also have the tallest tires that would fit

the front tires are now sitting wider at the top and narrow at the bottom and the car does not seem to be driving quite right, do the kyb struts have any adjustment to them? i was thinking this was a pretty straight mod and it was ok to do these 2 things without anything but it looks like it may be a bit much for the rest of the legacy suspension, can others that have done this fill me in on how theirs went

On your front struts, the lower mount (the two bolts) should have a "cam" bolt in the upper hole that works against the strut mount flange to make this adjustment (the upper hole in the strut is, or should be slightly slotted allowing an adjustment). You typically would loosen the nuts on both bolts and make the adjustment by turning the top bolt.

You will not get enough/any adjustment if:

1) you trashed the cam on the top bolt by inproper installation (by tightening the bolt instead of the nut, trashing the cam/mount flange)

2) if your ball joints are out to lunch

There should be enough adjustment there to handle a 2" lift.

You can also use those fast cam bolts by Ingalls and others; I think it's the 14mm size. Those will also work if the stock cam bolt can't be adjusted far enough b/c of the lift, but everyone I've talked to says stock is adequate for this lift. You probably got a little more than 2" lift since you went to OB struts on a Legacy too along with the lift springs.