Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seat Replacements???

I own a 1985 GL Wagon, and Im looking for new seats or newer seats. My question is what other subaru seats would be compatable with mine??

My seat are HAMMERED, nasty and crusty!:dead: want to get some that are nicer or brand new!! Dont know if there are any aftermaket seats the would fit?? or am I better off just replacing them with some nicer stock seats??

Tony Walrath pinksock@cableone.net :cool:

Im gonna put saab seats in mine.Just have to do a bit to existing seat mounting pads because it makes the saab seats sit to tall...Now I just have to get the demo derby out of the way then I can work on it...BTW Im demo derbing an 82 saab 900.MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE COMPACTS' SOULS!!!!!

well heres what i did.

i cut off the legacy wagon seats from the stock sliders, then bolted on my old sliders from my stock brat seats.

then made roughly one inch brackets.

DSC05552.JPG

DSC05551.JPG

they sit real nice , you just have to cut some of the plastic so they can slide smoothly

I put impreza seats into my BRAT

Use the front inside mounting tab as starting point. Then I lined up the rear of inside tab with the tranny tunnel and drilled a hole. Put a 12mm bolt w/big washers to secure that.

The front outside tab is off by about 1/2 inch or so. I did something similar to what Tsutomu did in his first picture, except I welded the piece to the tab instead of using a bolt. The rear outside tab was about 3/4 of an inch too high. Took a piece of square tubing and put it there as a support and drilled another hole in the floor pan. Used another 12mm bolt w/big washers to secure it.

They fit really nice. Took about 15 mins a side.

Go scour nasioc or RS25.com for someone who just bought wrx seats and see if you can have them?

BW