Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sometimes!!!!

I just want to smack some of you members here:lol: .. I got a delivery today..a very heavy delivery from a little birdie who shall remain nameless ( Turbone!! I will get you back for this) who is very lucky they are not here cause I would strangulate them..but in a good way.

This is what I found in this very heavy box:

BuckyBrakes009.jpg

Complete everything to do a disk swap for Bucky. I dont know what to say..I am speachless...that is twice now in the past 24 hours a member has left me this way...just shy of being in tears. I dont even know what to say but Thank You.

And best of all...I am confident that I can do this..:grin:

Yeah yeah yeah. You were probably cussing a blue streak cause of all the packing popcorn in the box. And I included used brake pads to boot:rolleyes:

Now get Bucky back on the road so you can work on Rocky;)

I did this in part because I failed to get your other stuff shipped prior to Carlisle:-\ Thats coming soon, I'm just having problems finding something to box a huge door panel in:-p

Oh, and your welcome:cool:

:clap: Turbo if there was a button for Added reputation I would push it amiilion times for this one!!!

Now does anyone want to give me a master cylinder that is working perfectly????? mine is poo, atleast I hope its the cause!!! hehe

I have the passenger side almost done...just need to run to home cheapo and pic up a couple bolts ( to hold the caliper to the backing plate ) and I am debating having a new piece of brake line made due to a small rounding off issue...or I will have this one shortened a tad and a new connector put on.

Yeah those used pads looked so used ( NOT they look like new) ....but alittle thunderstorm is hampering my progress but its OK...

Man..when I get to the West Coast Subaru Show ( maybe next year if I start saving now) Turbone...you are either going to get a big kiss or a kick in the pants or both.

And for those member who read this who were as intimidated as me about doing the disk swap...with the step by step from here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49975

and alittle common sence..this is really an easy swap...I dont know why I was so scared to do it.:confused::grin::clap:

And Turbone and Skip you 2 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:clap: Turbo if there was a button for Added reputation I would push it amiilion times for this one!!!

Now does anyone want to give me a master cylinder that is working perfectly????? mine is poo, atleast I hope its the cause!!! hehe

OH I have one of those and a booster too for an EA82..once I get this back together and deside that mine isnt bad..you can have it

You didn't runb into any problems from the difference of the 2wd and 4wd axle stubs? The hub/rotor bolt's right on?

These are from a FWD turbo something...so everything is fitting together perfect and it included new wheel bearings ( I was reading up and any EA82 turbo ..Xt GL-10 etc will have the 4 wheel disk..so finding a ...say ..FWD XT turbo ..it will have the proper pasts...just swap backing plates and everything down to the hardware is the same) The only problem I had was my brake lines rounding off...so I have the other side soaking in PB Blaster overnight. Cant wait to see how well my boy stops ...and hopefully no more shakey shakey( that one rear side was horrible..cant believe I was driving him with a wheel bearing that bad).. After this is done ...I have a patch to install in the one wheel well and a couple bushings in the front sway bar its going to be new tires:banana: OH I got a new front fender today too from moosens ( y'all really need to look at him for some parts too he has a ton) and once I clean that up and repaint add pin striping I will put that on and Buck is going to look like new again. Might even put new bushings in his shifter to get rid of the slop.

That is so cool, I knew Turbone was a good guy. I really like the disk brakes I got ftom him, but I did not get any pads with mine. They are very easy to install, did both sides in a little over an hour. I love the way it stops now, very smooth, and solid. Good luck.

That is very cool indeed! I can say that too has happened to me here on the board and kinda makes it feel like family.:) ...

Really, I feel this Board like a Family Too!... :) ...Everybody here are so Kind!

That was super nice of him to do that for you:banana: ...

Yes, it was Super Nice!!! :headbang:

I will Love to Obtain a Box like That, ´cos Here at Junk Yards, only came 4WD with Drum Brakes... :-\ ...And the Rear disc brakes version Cars are Still Runnin´ Great on the Streets.

How much will cost to send a Box like That here?... :confused: ...I think too much, maybe...

A Li´l Question: did the Front Brake Pads fit the Rear Brakes? are both the same? icon5.gif

Really, I feel this Board like a Family Too!... :) ...Everybody here are so Kind!

Yes, it was Super Nice!!! :headbang:

I will Love to Obtain a Box like That, ´cos Here at Junk Yards, only came 4WD with Drum Brakes... :-\ ...And the Rear disc brakes version Cars are Still Runnin´ Great on the Streets.

How much will cost to send a Box like That here?... :confused: ...I think too much, maybe...

A Li´l Question: did the Front Brake Pads fit the Rear Brakes? are both the same? icon5.gif

no not the same the rears are much smaller..

As for the family comments...you arent kidding ..even though there are some member we are closer too then others its all one big happy mildly disfunctional family:lol: . I can't even express how thankful I am to certain members...there are just no words for it. But these same members I would bend over backwards to help out just the same... Isnt it funny how you may never meet someone face to face but you just become close threw this computer thingy.

Connie, I thought I included all the bolts for the job:-\ I'm sorry if I forgot/lost some.

I'm just keeping the circle going here. Someone did something like this for me last year (cept I wasnt in dire need, thanks again Matt) and in return he said do the same for someone else if you get a chance.

I shipped a set of rear disc to AU about a month ago and yes, shipping was pricey. But it might be considerably less for SA. If your interested PM me your mailing address and I will get you a shipping quote.

And no, the front and rear brake pads are quite different in size.

Right on,Rob! :headbang:

Good luck,Connie.

No more excuses!!! Get that freakin car done!:)

Let me know if you need any help.Thanks for bringing the Y-pipe down! We'll catch up on the hood(s?) and all when I make it up for the cookout.

• 2 weeks later...

I do the same for board members usually if its a large item that I have and don't really need. I sent hatchsub an EA81 radiator for his sedan when he found out his was messed up. I got a couple members still that I have to send parts off to but with moving and now working again, its been a little hard to get them shipped off.

Oh, and I got some parts for Rob too:-p